» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Cyborgguy, FinCoupe), 233 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,623
Posts1,341,321
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,828
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Non-UK Events
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by barnacle
How did you get the German emissions sticker? What number is it?

Hi Neil - directly with TUV - SUD No 71022204. Only cost £15 so worth it as we're doing a fair few miles in Germany. Had to upload the V5 as part of the application. The Swiss Road tax was simple without any paperwork and you get a QR code which you presumably use at barriers when required.

Note to all - go through official channels for permits and not 3rd party sites as they'll charge double the price!

As an aside we're missing out Francs apart from a couple of nights in Colmar as they're very restrictive. Cars registered before Jan 1997 are not eligible for an emissions sticker being too old and are subject to Stop n Scrap by the gendarmerie shocked
508 82,012 Read More
Tuning
Yesterday at 21:45
Hi.

Been looking to buy a gtec 2 chip, does anyone know if there Still available?

Thanks
Stuart
0 73 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 21:23
Yep your fine with Flonheim. Enjoy your evening meal yum
508 82,012 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 20:54
Flonheim where we are headed isn't on the list so won't be requiring a sticker.
508 82,012 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 20:29
A list of zones in cities that require the green emissions sticker The coupe luckily falls in to requiring the green sticker and it is only required for cities but best to check the link if you are entering a city. We have one city stop so another window sticker to go on smile
508 82,012 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 19:05
Originally Posted by barnacle

Alan do you not only need the emissions sticker for Germany if you are entering certain towns/cities?
508 82,012 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 19:01
508 82,012 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 17:40
Hi Mags,
the same thing has happened to me, twice. When i queried the problem of missing metal items in an envelope i found out and still find it quite unbelievable that the gpo can get away with removing the offending metal item, in their eyes, because it can damage the machinery that they use to sort the letters, and then resealing an empty envelope and sending it on it`s way without any explanation. l lost a turbo badge and a key on separate occasions, commiserations for your loss but if you have another sent by post probably a good idea to have it packed in a jiffy bag or a box.
190 23,780 Read More
Tuning
Yesterday at 13:31
Hello? can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt
5 1,120 Read More
UK Social Events
Yesterday at 13:22
Roger that Paul thumb
1 174 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 13:10
Always on the ball Simon laugh
508 82,012 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 12:50
Originally Posted by G_Man

Just as an aside - read on a forum that the Italian police like to see original documents if stopped eg V5 and insurance so best to take perhaps?

smile

See 2 posts above wink
508 82,012 Read More
Handling
Yesterday at 10:18
Just my 2 cents, if it helps with choice - don't buy Uniroyal Rainsport 5.

I have 20vt with non OE dimension 215/45 R17.

Previously I've run 2 sets of Rainsport 3, 1st was normal rating, the second XL rated (couldn't tell a difference); been pleased with both, not a "sport" tyre but decent handling, comfort and really sure-footed in the wet. Also used on another FWD car with 200bhp in OE size 225/40 R18, no complaints. Also, moderate wear on all 3 sets - don't do high mileage, so I'm ok with needing to replace tyres due to age (around 4y old) even if not worn completly (eg. to 3mm or less).
Last year, I've bought new model, Rainsport 5 (XL rated), but it's a total letdown, really squishy handling with plenty of understeer, it's still good in the wet but on dry road it just feels too soft.
4 493 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 09:06
Got my coupe in at Bonellos for:
New radiator
New thermostat
Sort some minor welding
Aircon regas - hoping I can limp along for the next few months frown
Sorting an annoying starting problem

Got my German emissions sticker and Swiss 12 month road tax
Greenflag confirmed I've got Euro breakdown cover.

Just as an aside - read on a forum that the Italian police like to see original documents if stopped eg V5 and insurance so best to take perhaps?

smile
508 82,012 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
Yesterday at 08:32
I had anthracite turbine wheels on my Luna Pearl model.

Looked good when both were clean.
Try living with the existing wheels with regular quick cleaning ?

Best wishes

Paul
4 281 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 04:22
I have a foot in both camps.

My coupe I have kept as original as possible. It has lacquer peel in a couple of places and paint only done where there was rusty bits. I have changed discs for cross drilled, lowered 30mm, changed the wheel colour to black and an exhaust with centre box removed. All things are reversible if someone wanted to.

In my little collection I have an XJS convertible which is immaculate low mileage but once again some mechanical have been upgraded to improve the driving such as polybushed when one goes and fitted a rear anti roll bar which was an option when new. Adjustable shock absorbers and 16" lattice alloys. Once again reversible.

Lastly I have another XJS. The holy trail is a pre HE factory manual which Jaguar built to use up the last of the E type gearboxes. Only 320ish were made. How many survive? Heavily modified in the 80s which can never be original again.

My choices
3 181 Read More
Styling
07/05/2024 22:34
Hi,
the last Fiat meet down here in Melbourne there were only 4 coupes at the show but I believe there are possibly 10 in the country. I think mine is the only VIS in Oz.
11 1,990 Read More
Coupé Projects
07/05/2024 21:43
Well, I got an envelope in the mail today, supposedly containing a bracket. But it was empty! Maybe customs took it, maybe someone stole it, or perhaps it made its way out on its own. ooo

Anyways, I appreciate the effort, and if you ever find one again, I’d be delighted to pay for both of them, including shipping. smile
190 23,780 Read More
Styling
07/05/2024 18:46
Originally Posted by Fila276
Oh well, I like them and that's all that really matters.

And so you should, they look smart. I don't think it'd work for every colour of coupe. But yours is more of a 'modern' colour so can carry that more modern light style IMO
11 1,990 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
07/05/2024 18:30
Originally Posted by PaulL
By jove that looks nice !

Thanks - we needed a conventional 5 door hatchback for transporting pooch in the boot and the mother in law in the back. Hmm not sure if I got that the right way around.. confused
4 281 Read More
General Chat
07/05/2024 17:25
Up to the owner. Others don't have to like what's done to it, that's their prerogative; different though to telling someone else they're 'wrong'.

If Chris Bangle designed something it is very likely to work not just for him but for many others, but if an owner wants their own rear lights for example it's only 'better' or 'worse' as an opinion rather than right or wrong - it's just 'different'.

IMHO smile
3 181 Read More
Styling
07/05/2024 17:15
Hi Fila, I see you're from Oz; we used to have some coupé owners from your side of the world on this forum, do you know any?
11 1,990 Read More
General Chat
07/05/2024 16:32
Pays ya money and take your choice. Personally I think cars are for driving but one debate I've been having lately is the usability of classics. Simply put an 80s hot hatch is outpaced by even a modest family car these days. So if you want one it's likely relegated to special occasion. Which brings me to, I think my point.

I think it depends more about why you bought the car and it's value. Using your example, most people couldn't afford to own it and even less to replace it. Naturally that gives rise to the museum spec car as people want to maintain it's value. In theory if it's as good at the the end of your tenure as when you got it you shouldn't lose out. As for better, I'm not sure as officially I'd like a factory fresh version I drove daily. In the case of the Austin they seem to value originality.
3 181 Read More
General Chat
07/05/2024 15:26
Reading about people modifying their cars got me thinking.

If you had a 1952 Ferrari that had been wrapped in cotton wool since coming out of the factory, and only taken out once a year for preservation maintenance, would it be 'better' than the same car that had lived a careful used life, withe some miles and patina ?

I was at a Motor Show one year, and an owner was displaying his 1940s black Austin. It was his pride and joy, although a little shabby. He maintained it himself where he could.
He wanted it to look 'new' by having a respray.

The rest of the Austin owners around him were being a bit heavy, in poo pooing the idea, saying that is car was relatively genuine and displayed patina.

My view is that he lives with it. He pays for it and he wants to enjoy it.

There's a mad guy with fluorescent green coupe in North Yorkshire. Not for me, but he enjoys it.

Discuss !
3 181 Read More
Non-UK Events
07/05/2024 15:09
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Blitz is registered as no. 90 and is attending alone, booked at Borgaro Torinese.

10 spaces left

Good to see that Nick still has the love, he used to go to SpaItalia in the good old days. The first time he drove over from Athens, later he had moved to Germany so not quite so far.

I've still got the Greek Coupe Club cap he gave me.
65 6,907 Read More
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15