Fiat Coupe Club UK

Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015

Posted By: Theresa

Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/03/2015 01:47

To be held at Cairnie Fruit Farm, Fife, KY15 4QD
between 11am and 4pm, although arrival before 10am is recommended.

Entry is £5.00 per person, maximum of £10 per car.
Children under 16 enter FREE.

Please put your names below if you're attending:
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/03/2015 12:30

Thanks for this T smile

1.Edinburgh
2.Rob Roy
3.Wallace Spider
4. Malcolm Rifkind...oh maybe not laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/03/2015 14:33

Sorry I'm going to miss yet another SICD. Baby girl due to arrive start of June so the wife and I shall be remaining home, very close to the hospital!
Hope you all have a good one.
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 20/03/2015 14:30

Carnie Fruit Farm again!

Let me check if my 4WD dedra integrale rear end conversion will be complete by then!!

I'll come if we can go in the other way this time...!?

[ hey- good luck with that, Barney- sounds like an exciting time..!]

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 20/03/2015 14:48

Other entrance - definitely, I'll be chasing that and posting the info smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 20/03/2015 18:58

Cheers Dante! thumb
Hoping to have my coupe back by the end of summer so fingers crossed for another meet guys and girls. smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 20/03/2015 23:42

Originally Posted By: Barney
Cheers Dante! thumb
Hoping to have my coupe back by the end of summer so fingers crossed for another meet guys and girls. smile

Bearing this in mind Bern - in US till 3rd week of July so hopefully we can get you on the long lead sometime after laugh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 21/03/2015 08:20

Looking forward to it Simon! Have a good one in the states. laugh
Posted By: 20vtwhistle

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 21/03/2015 20:48

Hi all, I'll be there but not sure which car in. I may have a new one one by then.
Raised the rear entrance on the Alfa Forum and got a reply that the exotics only got in the good way because of ground clearance and not because of favouritism! Replied with a sarcastic comment stating hope no one has lowering sports springs then. Hey presto, no reply.
That entrance round the back is a good idea but the track/road needs work.
I think I'm getting grumpier as I get older.
Is anyone going to Tartan Tarmac at Eurocentral on the mate from 9.30am on 29th March?

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 21/03/2015 21:22

Quote:
Tartan Tarmac at Eurocentral
Never been but I might be tempted. My coupe is still hiding in JBT's lair mind, so please don't be disappointed. smile
Sassenach's welcome?!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 21/03/2015 22:02

I hope so, I've been a few times and not had a whiff of Sassenachism against me. (Yet)
Mind you, the turnout is dependent on the weather and I'll be in my Alfa Gt. If its no good its only a couple of miles up the road from Livi.
Reason I ask if anyone is going is I want another look around a good coupe as had one in the past and looking for a new toy, which will probably be a V6 GTV, but the Coupe does still turn my head.
Be nice to meet other Italian metal fans too before catching up in May at Carnie.
Have a good evening all.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 22/03/2015 11:42

I’ll be along at the TT breakfast next weekend. Think I’m busy the weekend of the 24th May though.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 22/03/2015 22:24

Have now spoken to Cairnie's about this and emailed the Saroc rep.
Will advise when I get a reply.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 26/03/2015 12:55

Apologies for confusing two events. Promise, my last post here for the TT meet. If it's dry Sunday morning then I'll be there - the fat guy struggling to get out of a blue VX220. laugh Any hint of rain will result in a no-show.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 27/03/2015 09:45

Forecast so far is for rain through the night, clearing up through the morning.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 29/03/2015 12:21

Hi all, it was raining so didnt see you, but spoke to Alfa guys and they are asking same questions re entrance to Carnie in May. Lets see what happens as they were not too happy if having to go via the dirty lane again.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 29/03/2015 22:49

I'm on the case re this, still waiting on a reply, and will chase up again tomorrow.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 01/04/2015 17:04

Now spoken to the organiser who is just back from holiday, and who has this same question from many others to put to Cairnie's at a meeting in the near future.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 19/04/2015 18:35

Sent him an email today as no reply to date.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 20/04/2015 21:34

Meeting with venue scheduled for Wednesday.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 24/04/2015 08:38

The outcome of the meeting between the owner of Cairnie's and members of clubs including SAROC regarding the entry resulted in the following, which those present found satisfactory:-

The owner promised to rectify all the points which were shown to him
The entrance and grassed area at the Café is once again being used by the Ferrari and Maserati and any seriously low cars, and is for their display All other cars will use the other entrance.

He has also agreed to level out all the road and entrances and put down hard core on the track.

Have we any more takers for this?

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 24/04/2015 22:08

Having just put my car back on the road after a long spell SORN, it was always my intention to attend this meet.
I have been looking forward to being amongst fellow enthusiasts again, seeing old faces and new whist perhaps laying a few of my coupe paranoia issues aside at the same time.
I will be a definate show with my two boys and possibly another two (mmm 5 people/4 seats crazy ) but am undecided as to whether my car shall be left in the car park or not.
Having just about convinced myself my not so clean car was in fact not that bad (she's 18yrs after all) I put her in the garage to avoid damaging her whilst I moved some slabs round my drive.
You can imagine my shock when I pulled her back out to find 2 large fench post offcuts and a trolley wheel had come crashing down from the heavens, scratching the roof, door glass and rear quarter not to mention the three dents on the door skin, the worst of which being right on the angle at the top of the panel. An impossible repair unfortunately! shocked
I can always paint and fit a new door, but that won't happen before SICD, so am really not sure what to do. I suppose my pride is probably more dented than the door. rolleyes
Either way I am looking forward to a good day out!
And some clean cars..lol

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/04/2015 00:40

Originally Posted By: MADCooP
Having just put my car back on the road after a long spell SORN, it was always my intention to attend this meet.
I have been looking forward to being amongst fellow enthusiasts again, seeing old faces and new whist perhaps laying a few of my coupe paranoia issues aside at the same time.
I will be a definate show with my two boys and possibly another two (mmm 5 people/4 seats crazy ) but am undecided as to whether my car shall be left in the car park or not.
Having just about convinced myself my not so clean car was in fact not that bad (she's 18yrs after all) I put her in the garage to avoid damaging her whilst I moved some slabs round my drive.
You can imagine my shock when I pulled her back out to find 2 large fench post offcuts and a trolley wheel had come crashing down from the heavens, scratching the roof, door glass and rear quarter not to mention the three dents on the door skin, the worst of which being right on the angle at the top of the panel. An impossible repair unfortunately! shocked
I can always paint and fit a new door, but that won't happen before SICD, so am really not sure what to do. I suppose my pride is probably more dented than the door. rolleyes
And some clean cars..lol

Nooo! That's rank luck mate frown
Hope you can find a way to sort it and that you drop in at the event anyway smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 30/04/2015 22:25

Originally Posted By: MADCooP
And some clean cars..lol

as long as the leather wasn't damaged wink long time no hear Iain smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 01/05/2015 20:20

Originally Posted By: sparkyman
as long as the leather wasn't damaged wink long time no hear Iain smile

Haha, leathers still gorgeous Ronnie, mostly due to the fact it's still out the car ...lol. Much easier to keep clean in the back bedroom!
Another job on the to-do list. If I'm honest, I believe I would rather be putting them in another (somewhat cleaner) coupe. Though mechanically, the one I have has always been good to me!
Was pretty mad realising that it had been 5 years since my last mot shocked

Hope your car is still going well and looking every part as good as it always did. Would be good to grab a catch up and a pie at one of these meets sometime. wink

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 02/05/2015 18:53

I'll hopefully make an appearance albeit in the 'hun-mobile'

frown

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 02/05/2015 20:46

Originally Posted By: Duffy
I'll hopefully make an appearance albeit in the 'hun-mobile'

frown

Good onyer DD, was wondering the other day what you'd been up to

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 04/05/2015 15:28

Ok can we firm up for this please so I can give them an idea of the numbers?

1. Edinburgh
2. Dante Giocosa
3. ?Barney?
4. 20vtwhistle
5. ?poprock?
6. ?MADCoop?

We're asked to be there by 10.00 and it takes c.55 mins to get there from MacDonald's this side of the Forth Road Bridge where we meet before convoying to the event.

I reckon we leave there at 0915 and arrive 1010 smile

Route - I'm thinking A92, A91 to Cupar then head north to the Farm. Think it's shorter than the one we took last year.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 04/05/2015 17:30

Sorry Simon. I'd love to attend but need to stay close to Livi hospital. laugh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 04/05/2015 19:46

Hi Simon,
I will be there but its going to be in the Alfa. I think some of that mob may meet up at Krispy Kreme at Hermiston Gait, I will drop a note on here nearer the day in anyone wants to tag along.
Sorry I havent bought a coupe. I am 99% certain its going to be a V6 GTV.
I hope you dont all mind if I stick around on here as I am positive I will have a Plus in the future To match the GTV.
Thanks chaps.
Russ.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 04/05/2015 20:38

Sorry Simon. I'd love to attend but need to stay close to Livi hospital. laugh

Yes, just re-read your early post Barney - good luck with everything!
Just become Gramps for 2nd time last week smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 04/05/2015 20:40

Originally Posted By: 20vtwhistle
Hi Simon,
I will be there but its going to be in the Alfa. I think some of that mob may meet up at Krispy Kreme at Hermiston Gait, I will drop a note on here nearer the day in anyone wants to tag along.
Sorry I havent bought a coupe. I am 99% certain its going to be a V6 GTV.
I hope you dont all mind if I stick around on here as I am positive I will have a Plus in the future To match the GTV.
Thanks chaps.
Russ.

Yep, no worries Russ, look forward to meeting you there - mind and come and look us out, they stuck us on the side of the field last time!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/05/2015 10:28

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

I’m not planning to go along. If I do it’ll just be for a couple of hours and I’ll park with the public. (Got a lot on that weekend!)

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/05/2015 15:38

@ Simon - Congrats mate! Hope they're doing well. smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/05/2015 16:12

Originally Posted By: poprock
Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

I’m not planning to go along. If I do it’ll just be for a couple of hours and I’ll park with the public. (Got a lot on that weekend!)

1. Edinburgh
2. Dante Giocosa
3. Barney
4. 20vtwhistle
5. poprock
6. ?MADCoop?

@Barney: Cheers!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/05/2015 17:02

Simon, I'll definitely be along on the day and having decided I'm allergic to walking, will swallow my pride and park up with the other coupes in attendance. wink
Looking forward to seeing the Bumble Bee again, it's been a few years since I first (and last) saw her at Hopetoun.
Hope we get a dry day for it.

Iain.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 05/05/2015 18:53

1. Edinburgh
2. Dante Giocosa
3. Barney
4. 20vtwhistle
5. poprock
6. MADCoop

Good man Iain smile

Posted By: jockey

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 06/05/2015 22:26

Hopefully be able to make it, not sure if I'll get the coop back on the road by then, but will try. Just needs a few bits n bobs done. I've done the clutch and timing belt, engine runs up nice, but she's not moved for well over a year.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 06/05/2015 23:12

1. Edinburgh
2. Dante Giocosa
3. 20vtwhistle
4. MADCoop
5. jockey (in Stilo)

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 17/05/2015 21:25

Only a week to go!

D.G. and myself will probably convoy from south Edinburgh and meet up with anyone else around 0900 on Sunday at South Queenferry MacDonald's for off at 0915.

Otherwise see you there even if we are outnumbered smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 18/05/2015 20:28

The organisers want all Italian Cars to be there by !0.00 so we'll aim to leave South Queensferry at 0905 driving

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 23/05/2015 13:56

I was intending to tag along with you guys if you didn't mind not in a Fiat Coupe though but a car that shares the same engine as the first coupe. Unfortunately I'm not going to get the clutch slave cylinder replaced in time frown
I'll still be heading over though in something not very Italian so will hopefully see all the Italian exotica and maybe meet some of you there.
Rich

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 23/05/2015 21:18

Good effort Rich smile

It may be too early for you to join the "convoy" as we'll be leaving South Queensferry about 5 past nine, otherwise we'll see you at the event smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 23/05/2015 23:07

1. Edinburgh
2. Dante Giocosa
3. 20vtwhistle
4. MADCoop
5. jockey (in Stilo)
6. Evoman
7. F1ANG (in punto)

Looking forwards to see you all, and as always a catch up Simon thumb

coops currently out of both tax and test unfortunately, so i'll be coming up in the punto, unsure if I'll make the convoy, so don't wait. But see you all there either way.

Tomorrow then! smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 23/05/2015 23:20

Good man Ang!

Just heard there's a BBQ and snacks for outside as well as a full offering in the farm shop from 10-5 - not as good as MezzaLuna but hey one gets peckish after driving

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 23/05/2015 23:27

Heard that!

Bellies rumbling.... Well I'm off to Kip for the early start. see you all there.

Looking forwards to seeing the bee!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 24/05/2015 21:36

Good to see you again Simon and nice to meet you Derek and Ang. Was a shame there wasn't more coops there. Definitely becoming a rarity now.
Hope you all had a good day.
Russ.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 24/05/2015 23:31

Originally Posted By: 20vtwhistle
Good to see you again Simon and nice to meet you Derek and Ang. Was a shame there wasn't more coops there. Definitely becoming a rarity now.
Hope you all had a good day.
Russ.

Thanks Russ, sorry I didn't seem to get a chance for a natter with all the vocals that were going on laugh
Yes 3 coops was pretty meagre but the whole event on the bright side was much more organised this year with some stalls and play areas for kids. Best thing about it for me was catching up with familiar faces even if now coop-less, Steamer, Angelo, Baz 4205, Duffy, Rita and Jimmy (who bought Duffy's resto coop and now passed it on), not to mention diehards Dante Giacosa and MADCooP who's at last got his running after 2 years!

A few pics to follow ...

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 24/05/2015 23:38

3 coops?!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 12:58

It's true yes, but it was a better event than last year I think, despite the small showing on our front
And the best bit? Once I'd put the 20v (VIS to you guys) back in the garage and had a look at it later- the ABS light had gone off! 😛

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 14:09

3 coops?!

Yes, the fewest in my recollection - some certainly were in the middle of technical problems which forced their absence frown

A few initial pics
click to enlarge
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
one of my favourites.. click to enlarge

click to enlarge

and a sad sight in a layby on the A92 on the way home

Sparky's old coopclick to enlarge click to enlarge
with a note on the screen with a mobile number explaining its engine was knackered and it would be uplifted asap. frown frown

Texted the guy who was philosophical and reassured me that he had an engine ready to go in so it wasn't the end of the road for it smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 14:23

!!!

How 'asap' do you think that was? Had it been there a while?

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 14:27

Well we didn't see it on the way up, so I guess not!

Funny thing was MADCooP and I were just discussing that coupe and I think he knows the present owner. Sparkyman did a lot of great work on it and the thought of it biting the dust was not a good one!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 15:07

At least the weather was good! Fingers crossed I get my coupe back in time for the next one. smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 15:26

Am working on another Summer Sunday Meet if you're not to busy doing Daddy duties Barney - any news yet?

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 16:48

Sparkys old coop let its engine go during a track day but Mick the owner has had it recovered and is a a Fiat mechanic so it will be back on the road probably about now lol,, its still one of the best coops out there,, Sparky your a Fud,, still xx
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 17:30

Originally Posted By: Steamer
Sparky your a Fud,, still xx

laugh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 24th May 2015 - 25/05/2015 22:26

Originally Posted By: Steamer
it will be back on the road probably about now

The quintessential optimist Mr Paddle laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK