Fiat Coupe Club UK

Red Metallic 20VT Plus - Discussion Thread

Posted By: Brett_B

Red Metallic 20VT Plus - Discussion Thread - 01/02/2021 21:04

Hi Everyone,

Meant to post my project a few months back when I got it but COVID and the great British weather has meant slow progress! What I would do for a garage to keep the coupe in and work on frown

Project thread to be added soon.

Look forward to providing updates as I make slow progress.

Cheers
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Red Metallic 20VT Plus - Discussion Thread - 01/02/2021 23:38

Hi Brett and hats-off to your intention to save another coop, you've a long list to-do but already making progress.

The rust issue will be the most problematic as it goes deeper than one thinks - but it sounds as if if you've got skills to hand and the determination, especially as you're working outside frown

If you're parked as in the photo, can you fix a tarpaulin up with some hooks in the wall?
Posted By: Brett_B

Re: Red Metallic 20VT Plus - Discussion Thread - 03/02/2021 19:39

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the encouragement buddy, needed when I’m outside freezing my n*ts off working on the car smile

The dilemma is I do have a garage but it’s got my gym stuff in it which to be honest has been a god send during this lockdown as keeps my sanity but at the same time means the coupe is sat outside frown Tried to see if I could fit both in but no chance, and that big house dream with a double garage is way off!! Plus I’ve got 3 other cars so just struggling for space.

I have bought a good quality cover but it’s never dry enough to get the cover on and paranoid of scratching the paint work or causing the micro blisters. I know the weather will do more harm to it so do intend to get it covered over but would welcome peoples thoughts on will the cover cause any issues like blisters in the paint?

I hear what your saying on the rust front, I know it’s probably worse than I can see and I’ve not took the back seats out yet to see if the badge holes are sealed/removed so could be a nightmare, but fingers crossed. Have got a dehumidifier in the car trying to keep the interior as moister free as possible.

I’m sure will be a labour of love and I’ve just completed a mini restoration on my Z3 so tackling rust I can cope with but the z3 is all bolt on panels so easy in comparison. Done welding in past careers but never on cars but got a good fabricator as back up if needed.....but fancy having a go!

Starting on the rust is the next job and fingers crossed it’s not a horror story in the making cool

© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK