Fiat Coupe Club UK

Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ?

Posted By: Anonymous

Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 28/12/2009 10:33

Can anyone confirm the part number for the Bravo top mounts required for the KW coilovers, iirc last time I checked ePER there was 2 choices, I'm having trouble accessing ePER at the moment so if anyone has a part number it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Matt.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 28/12/2009 10:51

Did you buy new coilovers Matt ? The fitting instructions give you the part number of the correct top mounts, or read your other KW Bravo top mount thread where I listed the SKG alternative part number at less than half fiats price !

SKG Part No: VKDC35204

Fiat Part No: PAD: 46469709

Clicky if eper is working today

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 28/12/2009 11:14

I did buy new unfortunately it appears theres some pages missing from my fitting instructions.

I tried my local motor factors with the part number you supplied in my previous thread and it wasn't something they could get hold of.

So it looks like I'm going to have to use Fiat.

Where was it you got yours ?

Thanks Matt.

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 28/12/2009 14:16

Mine were made by BOGE and supllied by UNIPART automotive product code buyout0032524 , trade price £35.00 , but that was 2years ago.

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 28/12/2009 19:41

I got mine from a guy on ebay, try a better motor factor as yours sounds like it's being a little bit lazy, if they sell SKG then they can get the top mounts !
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 28/12/2009 22:11

Got mine from Steve at Alternative Autos, just under £68 inc VAT and P&P for the pair about a year ago, invoice says "top mount bravo 1.8"

But to make them work with the coilovers you need an extra piece that comes with the KW kit but not then FK kit.

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 29/12/2009 09:36

The KW kit should come with the top spring cup that mounts directly to the Bravo top mount so no need to make the Heath Robinson construction smile

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 30/12/2009 18:48

Managed to get a pair of KYB top mounts so all sorted now smile
Posted By: Ecrab

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 31/12/2009 11:44

I've seen all the talk about using Bravo top mounts, what the difference between these an standard

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 31/12/2009 12:32

Well for starters you can only use Bravo top mounts if your running coilovers.

If you have coilovers fitted then the Bravo mounts give a much nicer ride and make the coilover work correctly by locating the damper with a bearing at the top instead of the coupe's solid damper mounting.

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 31/12/2009 17:32

I bought a set of second hand FK coilovers and I suspect the top mounts which were already fitted are coupe, as they look identical to the ones I removed. It obvious without removing the mount to know which you have

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 01/01/2010 00:24

Yep, the coupe's look metal, the Bravo's have a large rubber block with a bearing in the center.

You can fit them with the FK and it will improve the feel of them.

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 01/01/2010 15:35

Originally Posted By: Ecrab
I bought a set of second hand FK coilovers and I suspect the top mounts which were already fitted are coupe, as they look identical to the ones I removed. It obvious without removing the mount to know which you have

These kw2 with bravo top mount
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj418/goodluckser/wiringgazsuspension045-1.jpg
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj418/goodluckser/wiringgazsuspension043-1.jpg

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 01/01/2010 17:21

Thanks, as I suspected mine are coupe mounts. Do I need anything else other than the Bravo mounts if I swap them
Steve

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 02/01/2010 00:15

Yes you do Ecrab, you'll need two of these, (Plate) Part No: 7776486 should be about £5 each.

Item 7

They fit between the top mount and spring.

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 17/01/2010 17:22

Got some Brovo top mounts, together with spring pan, which I assume is the part mentioned above and the cup washer that goes on before the top nut. I assume that that you still use the top locating spring plate from the FK spings then put the Bravo spring pan followed by the top mount. What I'm not happy with is the spring is not securely located. Can someone advise what they have done

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 18/01/2010 14:11

Trust me, it won't budge. If you don't believe me ask Dave who's currently running that set up.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Bravo top mounts for KW coilovers ? - 18/01/2010 15:11

Jimbo's right, works a treat, improves the original FK set up with hard top mounts to the point where you won't want to throw it all away...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK