Fiat Coupe Club UK

20V na Brake upgrades

Posted By: jammytask

20V na Brake upgrades - 19/12/2008 06:59

My brakes are pretty poor and I'm planning to replace the front and rear discs along with a rebuild of the rear calipers hopefully. What was the best front brake setup fitted to the coupe (20VT I guess?) Can they be retro fitted? Where can I get hold of the necessary bits.

Thanks, in advance
Posted By: mattB

Re: 20V na Brake upgrades - 19/12/2008 08:21

To fit the brembos (which isn’t that fantastic a setup in any case) isn’t straight forward as you need the hubs from a turbo, which then means you need the suspension struts from a turbo…..

I think it’d be a lot easier to find some callipers that are radialy mounted and get some brackets made up to fit them to your hubs. I think perhaps the Focus RS callipers (which are basically the same as the 20VT ones) are radialy mounted.

But I think you'd be fine with a decent set of discs and pads one there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 20V na Brake upgrades - 19/12/2008 09:43

I wanted better brakes for my 20v NA, so went with 3G 10 groove discs, Green stuff pads, and had the brake fluid changed. Much better.

Re: 20V na Brake upgrades - 20/12/2008 18:11

I personally think the braking peformance of the 20v na is poor.

At the same speed, my 1.2 Bravo will come to a halt quicker.

Might look into new discs and pads soon I think myself as well.

Re: 20V na Brake upgrades - 21/12/2008 08:01

Originally Posted By: Insy
I personally think the braking peformance of the 20v na is poor.

At the same speed, my 1.2 Bravo will come to a halt quicker.

Might look into new discs and pads soon I think myself as well.

So is the 20VT don't think we're on our own, and they go faster than ours
Posted By: Honza

Re: 20V na Brake upgrades - 22/12/2008 10:15

Think that 20v NA brakes are pretty good,if they are similar to bravo HGT.I don´t know better brakes than the HGT-when I lightly pressed the pedal,I was thrown against windscreen..

I have on my coupe and HGT Pagid "Blue" pads and AP rotors...I haven´t any problem with this combination -I coupe I could repeat braking from 180-200km/h to 0 in very short time without any problem...

The presumption of good brakes is good condition of every componet of brake system (main cylinder,hoses,pipes,calipers..)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK