Fiat Coupe Club UK

TA technics coilovers

Posted By: Anonymous

TA technics coilovers - 04/08/2015 20:33

So some TA technics coilovers have come up for sale on a fiat coupe owners page on Facebook for £200 and was wondering if there a good price and good choice for a 20vt the ad says that they have covered 4500 miles and have come off a plus, any advice is appreciated
Thanks
Paul

Re: TA technics coilovers - 04/08/2015 20:51

I wouldn't fit them to my coupe and you need to ask yourself why have they been removed with under 5k of use .

Re: TA technics coilovers - 04/08/2015 21:48

I asked the seller and he said that the ride is too hard for everyday use and wanted something softer
Posted By: Nigel

Re: TA technics coilovers - 05/08/2015 08:20

Originally Posted By: skitz86
coilovers

£200

Tells you everything you need to know...
Posted By: deannn_20VT

Re: TA technics coilovers - 05/08/2015 09:20

I am the seller fellas. There is nothing wrong with them. I would say very comperable to the more expensive FKs. Driving in bends is great as the car sticks to the road like a fccuk on those coilovers. Are there better coilovers on the market? Sure they are and they cost a lot more. Each to their own wink

Why they have been removed only afer 5k? I bought a Plus that had them fitted by its previous owner, then the car was stored for 2 years. He did only 3.5k with them on the car and then I did another 1k after purchase. I am a bit perv when it comes to suspension so I fitted KYBs with Eibach springs. The car is driven daily and it was to hard for me and way too hard for the missus.

Re: TA technics coilovers - 05/08/2015 10:15

Cheers dean
Posted By: Downhillryder

Re: TA technics coilovers - 10/08/2015 20:12

Whenever anyone on this forum mentions TA Technics coilovers the opinions offered are usually negative but no one really elaborates. So come on guys (and gals) tell me what exactly is wrong with em ????

How do they effect handling ? Are they robust ? How effective are the adjustments ? How do they compare to standard springs etc etc . Thanks
Posted By: RusH

Re: TA technics coilovers - 11/08/2015 22:02

I too would be interested in how people find these on a daily.

Re: TA technics coilovers - 13/08/2015 20:16

I'm going to fit them at the weekend and will let you know how I get on with them
Thanks
Paul
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: TA technics coilovers - 14/08/2015 11:09

Make sure you use plenty of grease on the threads of the damper body and the rear spring perch threads if you want to be able to adjust them in future.

I'm sure they will be fine for what you're paying for them.
Posted By: RusH

Re: TA technics coilovers - 20/08/2015 09:01

How you getting on with them Skitz?

Re: TA technics coilovers - 20/08/2015 13:34

Not to far I'm afraid as the weather has been awful I got one front one on,hoping to finish them this weekend so I'll keep you posted
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: TA technics coilovers - 08/09/2015 15:46

Not to far I'm afraid as the weather has been awful I got one front one on,hoping to finish them this weekend so I'll keep you posted

Any news? Have you installed them?
Posted By: Downhillryder

Re: TA technics coilovers - 21/10/2015 16:52

I'm interested, especially pictures !!

Re: TA technics coilovers - 22/10/2015 15:42

I have Tatechnix coilovers installed on my coupe! I'm satisfied with them, but the front is a little bit jumpy!
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Posted By: injekciona

Re: TA technics coilovers - 22/10/2015 20:48

Originally Posted By: Laipy
click to enlarge

Is your coupe with Bulgarian license plate?

Re: TA technics coilovers - 23/10/2015 14:55

Yes, I posted the picture to see how low is the suspension!

Re: TA technics coilovers - 24/10/2015 16:30

The kit looks very similar to the FK kit, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't the same thing. The FK's also had a bouncy front end, FK's fix/bodge was to supply stiffer springs to prevent the spring oscillating, what they should have done is improve the dampers but that would be an expensive fix where an already available spring was much cheaper.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: TA technics coilovers - 26/10/2015 09:21

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
The kit looks very similar to the FK kit, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't the same thing. The FK's also had a bouncy front end, FK's fix/bodge was to supply stiffer springs to prevent the spring oscillating, what they should have done is improve the dampers but that would be an expensive fix where an already available spring was much cheaper.

I took one of the FK's apart and it actually has a removable insert damper, so it could be swapped to something a bit stiffer to stop all the bouncing around.

Re: TA technics coilovers - 27/10/2015 11:57

I looked at this and ordered the Koni insert for the FK, the muppets at the shop sent me the Koni insert for a standard coupe damper and not the Koni insert for the FK damper so I gave up on that project and bought the Leda's instead.
With a good damper inside them, the FK would have been a nice setup, the top mount worked well and the stainless versions were nicely built.
Posted By: fallen

Re: TA technics coilovers - 28/10/2015 19:41

Originally Posted By: Laipy
I have Tatechnix coilovers installed on my coupe! I'm satisfied with them, but the front is a little bit jumpy!
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

What topmounts are you using?
I think that the original ones dont fit right with the TA coilovers:
Is that right?
Posted By: fallen

Re: TA technics coilovers - 28/10/2015 19:47

Which topmounts do you use Laipy?
I think the originals dont fit right.
I have alot of knoking when im turning the wheel.

Re: TA technics coilovers - 28/10/2015 21:32

They use stock top flange, but not the stock plastic bearing, they come with a sort of ballbearing! I don't have pictures to show you exactly.. sorry
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK