Fiat Coupe Club UK

Video Editing Software Recco

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Video Editing Software Recco - 12/04/2021 19:44

Hi all - I’m now using a PC for my race videos and I’m looking for a video editing package that’s not overly complicated, ideally free or a one-off payment. Capability I use:

1. Crop image (GoPro angle is too wide)
2. Multiple video files
3. Ideally image in image (rear view) with ability to flip image
4. Save to a YouTube friendly format

So generally pretty quick and dirty

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Wishy

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 12/04/2021 20:17

OBS Studio is probably worth a look and appears to do what you're after.

*DISCLAIMER* I've never used for the editing that you'll be doing as I have a full version of Premiere through work for that but I always use it for screen capture and think it's one of the slickest bits of free software that I've ever used.

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 12/04/2021 20:34

Originally Posted by Wishy
OBS Studio is probably worth a look and appears to do what you're after.

*DISCLAIMER* I've never used for the editing that you'll be doing as I have a full version of Premiere through work for that but I always use it for screen capture and think it's one of the slickest bits of free software that I've ever used.

Cool - I’ll add it to my trials - thanks

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 12/04/2021 21:06

Forgot to add, if the file conversion options for OBS aren't sufficient then try Handbrake for that.

It may just be that I'm not expert enough with Premiere but I tend to re-encode afterwards with Handbrake as it seems to do a much better job of getting file sizes down.

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 13/04/2021 05:23

Which version of Premiere do you use? Elements was one option I was looking at. I’ve been using iMovie for the last few years but my Macs are a bit old.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 13/04/2021 08:02

Maybe not what you require, but racerender. I bought the one off licence many years ago, but it was more about over laying the logs from the ECU onto the video https://racerender.com/RR3/Features.html

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 13/04/2021 17:12

It's Premiere Pro 2020 (v14), obviously far from free and I'm not even sure if you can buy it on a one off payment anymore.

It certainly will do everything that you want as I've done plenty multi-camera based videos in the last year due to lockdown. I've still done the final encoding with Handbrake though.

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 13/04/2021 19:56

Originally Posted by Begbie
Maybe not what you require, but racerender. I bought the one off licence many years ago, but it was more about over laying the logs from the ECU onto the video https://racerender.com/RR3/Features.html

That looks interesting too...

Re: Video Editing Software Recco - 13/04/2021 19:58

Originally Posted by Wishy
It's Premiere Pro 2020 (v14), obviously far from free and I'm not even sure if you can buy it on a one off payment anymore.

It certainly will do everything that you want as I've done plenty multi-camera based videos in the last year due to lockdown. I've still done the final encoding with Handbrake though.

Yup - there’s the thing - a lot of Adobe stuff is on the Creative Suite and recurring monthly fees. I will only use it once a month so even a fiver a month seems expensive
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK