Fiat Coupe Club UK

This weekend I are mostly

Posted By: barnacle

This weekend I are mostly - 02/07/2016 19:23

Cruising around Kent in the coupe. Couple of nights at Whitstable with Anita.

I have eaten fish and chips but for some reason she insists on eating rocks covered in snot. She calls them 'oysters'.

Taking a few large format pictures which I'm keen to see the results of.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 02/07/2016 22:59

I've had to again try and redesign my chicken garden to keep them within the safe space they're allowed to destroy. Bloody feathered pains.....

Might have a bbq and get very drunk tomorrow, but I have month end to sort Monday which isn't fun with a banging head.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 00:49

Moving into my own house! Very sore and tired after lugging six people's worldly possesions into one three bedroom dormer bungalow in the desirable area of Prestatyn (if there's such a place?).

click to enlarge

Worth it now sitting 'my' front room rather merry
click to enlarge

The view's pretty good from my back window!

click to enlarge

Neil you can tell Anita she's welcome to sample real seafood in Llandudno is served at...

click to enlarge

tongue
Posted By: Theresa

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 01:47

Looks great, well done Matt cool

BM hope you get the chickens sorted laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 06:05

...looking after my 12 week old puppy [ little ba..ard ], emptying the shed and taking it to peices, getting ready for the garden makeover team starting thursday. Concrete base for garage, tarmac and patio getting laid, now a 30ft garage going in at end of month.......all go

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 08:54

Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

click to enlarge

tongue

Yay! The only way fish should be seen, apart from tuna in a tin.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 10:15

I've been dismantling my old night storage heaters. Two down one to go. Quite an easy though time consuming job. They are old & full of dust & disintegrating innards. Very messy indeed & of course the heat storage bricks, heavy & cumbersome, ah well onwards & upwards... smash
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 11:12

Was working yesterday, today I shall be arguing with the seized axle nut on my motorbike in order to replace the rear tyre that blew out at speed on the way to work yesterday. Ruined the tyre, possibly the wheel (thankfully I have a spare) and my underwear (sadly no spares there).
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 11:31

Sounds nasty Jimbob! A blowout is never good be it tyre or pants related.

Now the sun is out I will be changing my rocker gasket, rear discs and pads, oil and filter and finding my squeaky pulley!

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 03/07/2016 12:54

I was actually quite pleased with the nice controlled stop I achieved, first real motorbike blowout and it was one of those things where the anticipation was far worse than the reality.
Posted By: jammytask

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 04/07/2016 07:14

Any idea what caused it Jimbob? Better a rear than a front of course but twitchy non the less...

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 04/07/2016 08:10

The road was littered with small sharp pieces of grey plastic, couldn't see them until I walked back to check, looked like some kind of crate had fallen off a truck and shattered.

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 05/07/2016 10:47

Glad you're OK Jimbob.

Right, after getting rid of my three night storage heaters, me & Mrs Jimboy are decorating the aftermath. Filling, sanding, more filling, more sanding. Leaving things to dry, then comes the painting. As I said before easy job, but so time consuming, especially if you want a decent finnish. Have to admit the wife & I do make a good double act.... smile
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 05/07/2016 18:48

Sounds very nasty, jimbob - but fortunately without serious consequences. Very glad you're ok.

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 05/07/2016 21:47

Thanks for the concern folks, it really wasn't that dramatic, just a new experience for me. Wasn't my intention to hijack barnacle's thread either. blush
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 05/07/2016 22:03

Meh! I could have used the thread to talk about stepson minor's norovirus outburst - your excitement was far better use of Barnacle's endeavours!

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 06/07/2016 06:44

Not at all, JB, the thread was intended to get some conversation moving. It moved - though in yours and in Jim's Stepson Minor's case, not necessarily how you would have liked!

Re: This weekend I are mostly - 23/07/2016 14:11

This weekend I've been under My Coop cleaning up my fuel tank straps. I've been spurred on by talk on the forum lately about these straps. They're not too bad, one is virtually clean, the other is rusted. Electric drill wire brush clean up, two coats rust converter, two coats of zinc primer, then I'll give them a coat of some metal paint.

Was going to take them off, but the two rear bolts are well rusted in. This will see me well for some time until I can get those bolts off later. Chock the front wheels.

Actually safety first & all that, it took me ages to jack up the car & I put two old wheels with tyres under each of the rear wheels.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK