Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wedding readings

Posted By: ali_hire

Wedding readings - 15/04/2015 22:32

I have been tasked with doing a reading for a close friend's wedding in a little over a month's time.

I'm not fantastically creative so writing something myself isn't my preferred option.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something I could say. I'd prefer it to have some humour in it (and so would they) and they'll be absolutely fine with something a bit unconventional or 'out there'.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Wedding readings - 15/04/2015 22:40

Sacred or secular?
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: Wedding readings - 15/04/2015 22:47

Neither are religious, Mark, but something with a reference to religion won't be inappropriate.
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: Wedding readings - 15/04/2015 22:57

I'm not taking the Michael here, I was at a friends wedding recently and a friend of theirs did a reading which went down really well. It was the lyrics to the Proclaimers - I would walk 500 miles. Sounds awful, but honestly it was great.

They read it slowly so the sentiments of the lyrics sounded romantic but at the very end they burst into song in a humorous way with the "da da La da" Chorus. Honestly, it was brilliant and a real crowd pleaser.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/proclaimers/500+miles_20458141.html
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Wedding readings - 16/04/2015 11:33

There is a version of the Bible called'The Message' which updates the language. If you take one of the classic wedding readings eg 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 you will do in a version they will never have come across. So traditional but with a twist and something that should tick a box for all there. You can find it on the Bible Gateway website.
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: Wedding readings - 16/04/2015 22:36

Check out khalil gibran's 'the prophet'. Some really beautiful stuff
Posted By: Darlo_Nick

Re: Wedding readings - 22/04/2015 21:11

One of my best friends read the following at my wedding - 'He's not perfect' by Bob Marley
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK