Fiat Coupe Club UK

Police and nice nosey neighbours!!

Posted By: H_R

Police and nice nosey neighbours!! - 20/10/2014 23:10

Nearly got arrested this evening!
Just got my car back from a respray and to keep costs down I stripped the car so had to put it back together too!

I got home about 18:00 and had various parts to put back on but thought i will just get the locks back in so its at least secure!

As it was getting dark conditions were not ideal! Anyhow i dropped one of the lock screws down the rubber Chanel that the window slides up and down which meant I could not close the window until I got it out! Well it was a total bastard to get out and I must of been at it for a while with screw drivers magnet on a stick etc. when 2 police cars turned up flashing lights Etc. And asked if It was my car etc as there had been reports of somebody trying to break into it with a metal bar.
I had to prove I had the keys the police also insisted on coming into my house too and to verify my name and registration, just thinking thank god I payed my road tax before picking it up, been gone 4 weeks now
Slightly embarrassed but glad people are willing to report stuff like that to the police whether it was neighbours or passing traffic thankyou!
hehe
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Police and nice nosey neighbours!! - 21/10/2014 07:45

Your neighbours are good for reporting it. But, it shows how little communities and neighbours talk to each other I guess.
Im used to that myself being a townie but having moved to a small village I'm having a hard time getting used to everyone knowing everyone else's business lol.

Forced to make conversation by the neighbours, who am I, what do I do etc etc.
We have some neighbours who just sit in their garage for some odd reason.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Police and nice nosey neighbours!! - 22/10/2014 19:54

The police are not allowed into your house without warrant, unless you invite them, or so I believe - I keep an axe by front door for emphasis.

A bit like vampires.

If your car was being stolen it would be nice if someone phoned the police, I have had a similar experience to yours while doing some night manoeuvres.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK