Fiat Coupe Club UK

iPhone 5 battery problems?

Posted By: Theresa

iPhone 5 battery problems? - 23/08/2014 00:54

See here

Affects some iPhones bought between September 2012 and January 2013. Just type in your serial number and you'll find out if you're eligible for a free battery replacement from Apple.

Typically, mine is one of the limited batch with the problem, with no authorised/recognised store in my area to replace it frown

Nearest one is about an hour away from me, so, is it worth it?

Other option would be to get it done at the Bullring while in the area for the Clubs Agm (would be about 30 mins or so away from the hotel I'll be at).

Thought it was worth posting the info up on here though for anyone else who has an iPhone 5 smile
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: iPhone 5 battery problems? - 23/08/2014 04:46

Can't you post it to them Theresa? Postage costs would be the same as two hours driving petrol won't it?

I can't see it being a two minute job to open it up and replace it. When I took my iPhone in to apple (in the US) for a cracked screen, they just replaced the whole phone.

Re: iPhone 5 battery problems? - 24/08/2014 00:39

I'd be a bit worried about my phone going missing in transit frown

I know you can get insured postage, etc., but it would be all the hassle of having no phone while a claim was going through.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: iPhone 5 battery problems? - 24/08/2014 03:53

Make an appointment in advance t, apple stores are weird places!

Re: iPhone 5 battery problems? - 25/08/2014 00:52

Cheers Muzzie, I have heard that you need to make appointments with these 'gods' rolleyes laugh

I'm wondering if it might just be better and easier to wait until my battery gets worse and then pay one of the local phone repair shops to sort it.

This thread was mainly to also make other people aware of Apple's battery replacement program should they need it and live near an Apple store smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK