Fiat Coupe Club UK

Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes!

Posted By: barnacle

Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 14:56

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-22569514

What are we going to do now?
Posted By: szkom

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 15:15

10k per annum to run a loo!? No wonder the bloody country has no money. How they arrive at these figures is a mystery. Do they just buy new ones every year?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 15:28

I know, this is a complete joke and the council should be ashamed to quote £250k costs pa for basically what is a staninless wet room with some tissue paper.

And as for " The council said people will be able to use facilities at 14 shops, pubs and other businesses to have signed up for their Community Toilet Scheme instead".

That's also a load of tosh, most retailers who do have public loos have said they'll be making them staff only, only the bigger shops such as M&S, McDonalds and the public houses will stay open to who ever.
Posted By: AndrewR

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 15:49

Originally Posted By: szkom
10k per annum to run a loo!? No wonder the bloody country has no money. How they arrive at these fingers is a mystery. Do they just buy new ones every year?

I'd image that they need to get somebody in to clean them at least daily (possibly more often). This is probably contracted out, so the council is paying for several people to drive around from loo to loo each day; wages + petrol + supplies (loo roll, urinal cakes, soap, etc.) + profit = expense.

On top of that there'll be maintenance and repairs and more thorough cleaning (removing graffiti, disposing of dead junkies and so on), plus maintenance costs for the structure itself.

It all adds up.
Posted By: szkom

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 18:05

It does, but it shouldn't. Lets face it, the people hired to clean these aren't on top money, and the consumables are of the lowest quality. It surely can't take so much to keep a loo in order.

If it does we're all in the wrong line of work; Tesco sell loo roll very cheaply.

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 18:48

As long as the key remains in the secret hiding place, Joe...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 20:41

Quote:
Herefordshire Council said it costs £250,000 a year to maintain its 25 toilets.

There must be some rate dirty bastards in Herefordshire is all I'm saying.

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 21:02

Quote:

rofl
rofl
rofl

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 21:09

What's wrong with these West country folks? Down here in Kent we just join the bears in the woods......

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 17/05/2013 22:52

Originally Posted By: johnnybravoturbo
Quote:
Herefordshire Council said it costs £250,000 a year to maintain its 25 toilets.

biglaugh x laugh

Xx

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 19/05/2013 22:38

To be fair those toilets look like luxury compared to my work. We've got single ply bog paper too

coffee
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 20/05/2013 09:34

Yeah but I bet it's still soft paper, not like the single sheets of greaseproof paper that I remember as a kid!

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 20/05/2013 09:37

Izal!
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Oh Noes! Crossed legs at Joes! - 21/05/2013 10:34

Originally Posted By: barnacle
Izal!

****DISCONTINUED PRODUCT****

For all customers wishing to purchase Izal Toilet Paper in any form (roll or flats) we are sorry to announce that this product is no longer manufactured and we have no more stock. Unfortunately the manufacturer was unable to justify another production run due to the enormous amounts that had to be made.

cry I miss "John Wayne" toilet paper...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK