Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anyone else using an e cig

Posted By: Gaz

Anyone else using an e cig - 10/11/2012 16:06

I have been using one for 8 days now and have not had a real cig for that time. Find it works really well. I was a 20+ a day smoker (must be the job :D)
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 10/11/2012 16:24

Plenty of comments about these in the stopping smoking threads, if you have a read.

I've been using one properly for almost 11 months now and haven't touched a real cig at all. I was a 60 a day smoker!

They are the best thing to be invented, ever laugh
Posted By: Gaz

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 10/11/2012 17:39

Cheers Theresa ill take a look. Do you plan on stopping with the e cig as well?
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 10/11/2012 18:41

Take a look at TECC. I've always had good service from them. I'm currently using a Tornado Tank with a low resistance atomiser. It's saved my life (and a few other people's) now I'm doing a lot of long haul flights with work.

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 11/11/2012 00:54

Originally Posted By: Gaz
Cheers Theresa ill take a look. Do you plan on stopping with the e cig as well?

No! laugh

Not until/if it's found to be as unhealthy as real cigs, but until then, I'll be using it for the rest of my life I think.

As Brewster has said, TECC (The Electronic Cigarette Company) are excellent and reliable, as are their other company, Totally Wicked cool

I use a Torpedo Variable Voltage system, with a 6ml Dual Coil Tank and mix my own liquids with any flavour I fancy laugh

Brewster and I are long term and hardened vapers now though, so doubt the above means much to you if you're just using the basic type e cig available laugh

If you find you get used to the basic type e cig and feel the need for a real cig, don't!
Just get a better e cig smile

I'm sure long term, the e cigs can cause damage, but certainly not as much as real cigs do, so stick with it, you've done well so far cool
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 11/11/2012 11:19

My son is still succeeding with Champix, which means he is not even taking in nicotine!
Posted By: Richard24

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 11/11/2012 14:49

A few guys at work have gone onto these E-cigs, seems to be working for them.
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 11/11/2012 15:30

many reports on toxicity of e-cigs... worth a look and see it it is a wise way to quit

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 11/11/2012 20:07

There's many more reports of the toxicity of real cigs though Rudidudi.

While e cigs may not be the wisest way to quit, they are probably still a lot less harmful than real cigs.

There will always be some damage being done through using e cigs, as you are still taking in nicotine, which is harmful itself, a flavouring additive and also, in most cases, Propylene Glycol, albeit a pharmaceutical grade and not the more harmful/less pure food grade (antifreeze is Propylene Glycol too).

When you compare these to the chemicals and additives in a real cig, e cigs are less harmful (as far as I know for now, although a true independant report from a recognised board should be done really).

I know I'm not coughing and wheezing like I used to be, so I can only see them as being good for me smile

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 06/12/2012 01:55

You tried one yet Gaz?

Hopefully, you're still not smoking smile
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Anyone else using an e cig - 06/12/2012 07:44

Originally Posted By: Enforcer
My son is still succeeding with Champix, which means he is not even taking in nicotine!

Ms RK a lifelong smoker gave up on Champix and hasn't touched a fag in 3 years. Free through Quitters Club(?) as well.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK