Fiat Coupe Club UK

Weird Hyundai

Posted By: respace

Weird Hyundai - 12/04/2024 15:15

TBH they are a bit weird anway though the coupe isn't too bad. Daughter came home for Easter with a problem on the indicator stalk, it didn't like staying turning right which is understandable as means defying gravity. Surprisingly she had done something about it and purchased a new part, even more surprisingly it was the right one! Though nothing was said it became apparent that it was my job to fit it. Actually it was simple so couldn't complain (too much), just a couple of clips and a scart type plug, simple, all went together and everything worked, though we didn't start it. Next day the car wouldn't start, she suspected the battery which made me think a short somewhere, however as soon as I got home it was apparent it wasn't the battery as car turned over fine but no firing.
I took the new stalk out and it fired up first time, bouyed up by this fortuitous success I put the stalk back in and it worked and started fine. No idea what was going on, on a classier car there might be some tamper proof mechanism on the steering column but unlikely on this, any ideas?
Posted By: szkom

Re: Weird Hyundai - 13/04/2024 07:42

What model are we talking about? My guess would be that the plug just wasn't seated properly first time around if it now starts.
Posted By: respace

Re: Weird Hyundai - 14/04/2024 10:17

I think it's an i 10 or something like that, little and basic! If it's the plug seating would the indicators/lights etc work fine? And why would it start when removed altogether?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK