Fiat Coupe Club UK

BMW M2 Coupe

Posted By: Theresa

BMW M2 Coupe - 20/08/2017 19:17

Saw one on Saturday, not common around here and I liked it's looks and sound cool

I didn't make eye contact as that usually initiates a race of some sort rolleyes but appreciated it from a short distance cool

I haven't seen one before and liked the look of it, as well as the sound of it cool
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: BMW M2 Coupe - 22/08/2017 17:11

They look good but I just don't see it as a proper M car. It's a BMW M235i with a body kit and suspension mods. They should have put The M3/M4 engine in it rather than a tuned M235i engine. The interior is the same as other 2 series varients apart from thing like some blue stitching on the seats. It's not special enough compared to other 2 series variants for me to get excited. It's also slower in a straight line than the M240i which costs £10k less
Posted By: Lucifer

Re: BMW M2 Coupe - 23/08/2017 07:02

Originally Posted By DanTheManc
They look good but I just don't see it as a proper M car. It's a BMW M235i with a body kit and suspension mods. They should have put The M3/M4 engine in it rather than a tuned M235i engine. The interior is the same as other 2 series varients apart from thing like some blue stitching on the seats. It's not special enough compared to other 2 series variants for me to get excited. It's also slower in a straight line than the M240i which costs £10k less

I guess it all depends on your definition and point of view:
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-2016-bmw-m2/

Personally I wouldn't swap my M4 for one, but I can see the appeal for those who just want a more pure driving experience.
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: BMW M2 Coupe - 23/08/2017 13:22

I'm not saying the M2 is a bad car. Far from it. It's just that under the flared arches it's not individual enough to warrant the M badge.

BMW had to price the car around £45k so it wasn't too close to the M3/M4 price. A M235i/M240i costs around £35k, so I think this held BMW back and I see the M2 as a bit of a cost cutting exercise. Not a balls out M car.

Modern cars are getting more lardy so the proportions of the M2 are great. It had so much potential. It's just that you can get a lot of bang for buck for £30k+ nowadays and the M2 is just another car in the 300bhp-400bhp line up. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd take an M3/M4 over the M2 anyday. But saying that, I still think the latest generation of M cars since the E46 are losing their way each time a new generation is released.
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: BMW M2 Coupe - 27/08/2017 16:53

My nephew has an M2. He intends to go track racing in it.
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: BMW M2 Coupe - 27/08/2017 16:55

Yes, it does sound lovely, quite Maserati-esque.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK