Fiat Coupe Club UK

MB Quart DTC 169

Posted By: Anonymous

MB Quart DTC 169 - 03/06/2006 16:03

I liberated a pair of these from my old Golf and was thinking about mounting them in the back of the Fiat. Is this a good idea ? Will they sound horrible, being 3-ways ? Should I disconnect the tweeter and midrange ?

Re: MB Quart DTC 169 - 03/06/2006 20:01

they would deffo be an improment on the origonal fiat rear speakers for sure, pluss it what you think that matters every ones idea of good sound is dirrerent.hope this helps
Posted By: bridges

Re: MB Quart DTC 169 - 03/06/2006 20:07

Are we talking parcel shelf type area or rear quarter areawhere original speakers are mounted? If mounted behind rear seats then no need to worry about twweters and mids infact they will be needed.

Know some speakers have an issue with there mounting angles and suspect this is what you are thinking as in the tweeters at the wrong angle can frazzle. Might be a try it and see...

Re: MB Quart DTC 169 - 03/06/2006 22:14

Its more being told that treble and mid should come from the front components and bass from the rears - isn't it the case that having 2 or 3-ways in the back makes it sound, well, odd ? 'Course I've happily been using 2 and 3-ways in the rear for about 14 years now - funny what you learn not to like, isn't it ?
Posted By: bridges

Re: MB Quart DTC 169 - 09/06/2006 17:31

In a small car interior one school of thought is to have very nice components up front as these will give the full sound to the driver in conjunction a bass device of sorts should be in the boot. Now the idea is being a small cabin that you dont need large speakers in the rear as the front components will partially do the job of treble and mid range. The idea is however to not have large speakers in the rear as the sub is taking care of the bass and just have smaller speakers doing the midrange and treble. The way you have been told would mean a rear passenger would only hear bass.. The system would be very out balanced..

Re: MB Quart DTC 169 - 10/06/2006 04:32

jeyell if you won tickets to your fav band in the best venue and you could choose any seats you wanted where would you pick them????? of course you would have right at the front and in the middle,same as a car the front is where you want all your full range sound,[ as any thing abouve 90herts is directional[bounces off things] any thing below [sub base]isnt hence you can put sub base any where,so in a perfect world position evry thing to the driver,[as your the one that matters] but then again its choise, tast, and price.if it sounds nice to you thats all that matters you can spend for ever and still want more. hope this helps
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK