Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alarms and Remote locking

Posted By: whatmoretyres

Alarms and Remote locking - 11/11/2007 16:43

Hi

I notice that we still have a lot of meta alarm questions and being that I've just had an alarm put in my new car I'd thought I'd give you some pointers.

My experiance of meta was with a 98 20VT. I was always fine until winter when the locks froze and then you would have to lock and unlock with the key a couple of times before it got going again. This WILL happen to you this winter! \:D

The fobs seem suspetable to oil and dirt. Both the rubber button and strap will perish. Before you ask, YOU CAN'T GET THEM ANYMORE. I personally cleared out the local meta dealer of all their stock 3 years ago (2 fobs!) If you have lost your fobs/don't have them or they have died, you have 2 choices

1. Live with no remote locking and alarm

2. Buy a new alarm.

I currently have an Alfa GTV which was fitted wit a nasty scorpion factory alarm. Not too bad, but flaky alarm fobs and IR at that. I made the choice to buy a new one as the locks on the gtv are a triumph of style over use and are hard work.

The alarm I bought was £200 fitted. It's an Autowatch 346RLi. It comes with 2 two button remotes, I have one button for remote boot release and the main button for all other functions. It has solved all the niggles of getting in the car, security and added remote boot locking, which the car should always have had.

So, the summary... If your alarm/remote locking works, stick with it.

If it's broken, don't bother with it, it's 10 years out of date! Get yourself a new one and have one less thing to give you hassle.

WMT
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Alarms and Remote locking - 13/11/2007 21:38

Hi WMT
Where did you get your alarm? Whereabouts are you?

Thanks

Mike
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: Alarms and Remote locking - 14/11/2007 01:32

Hi, I'm in Hemel Hempstead, the alarm was fitted by a local company I've used for 10 years, In Car Electics.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK