Fiat Coupe Club UK

Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off

Posted By: Anonymous

Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 03/12/2014 11:17

Went to get in my car and my fob wouldn't work, which has never happened. I manually opened my car and the ticking started. My indicator signals don't flash, but the lights are on flashing none stop, which will kill my battery and is obviously going to get me spotted evil I have started the car, nothing, still on. I have tried the fob endlessly, but the light on my centre dash won't go away and all my indicators flash. My car also has a sensor at the passenger side window (is this the standard alarm sensor?) which flashes red and it has never done this before. I'm desperate for a fix as I'm at work!!

Also I had my wheel bearing replaced yesterday on the passenger side, so it took a few good whacks with a hammer there where the electrics all go to, may this have affected the super reliable fiat electrics? It's just I had no problem with it last night after the repair, only this morning going to work?

Thanks guys,

Jalo1548
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 03/12/2014 11:46

I'd try wiggling or replacing the battery in the fob first for new.

Assuming it's an OE alarm system some reset after a while, some don't so they'll continue to flash so with no fob to disarm it you'll have to pull the plugs on the alarm module.

Re: Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 03/12/2014 12:44

False alarm guys (pun intended) after a good look it was the simple fix of the slider on the fob being stuck in the middle. So stupid but I'm glad it's something so simple. Any idea what the difference is between it being at the top or bottom of the sliding mechanism?

Would also like to thank you CC for your quick reply, not the first time you have helped me out quickly either!!
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 03/12/2014 18:53

No problem wink

Re: Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 22/09/2015 23:13

I have same prob ,but have no keyfob
Posted By: bockers

Re: Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 30/09/2015 13:56

Then disconnect the alarm box.

Best raise your own post too Oilyfella as your car spec will differ.

Info we need:-
+Model
+Year
+Origin of Car (Uk or otherwise)

And a warm welcome to the forum too.

The most likely cause is the alarm is silently going off. You can remove the alarm box but we need more info.

John

Re: Help, Hazards Won't Turn Off - 30/09/2015 14:24

If it's a 20vt with the Meta alarm then disconnect the light blue connector hanging at right side of fuse box in driver's footwell. That will completely disable the alarm.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK