Fiat Coupe Club UK

What head unit? (Sort of)

Posted By: Anonymous

What head unit? (Sort of) - 18/11/2014 11:45

I am in the process of doing a tablet install in my van. At the moment I have the tablet feeding sound to my JVC head unit via the headphone socket and have the head unit in a custom made central console.

I am running two 10cm speakers up front directly of the head unit and have the head unit feeding two separate amps, one for the sub and one for the 6" speakers up front and 6 x 9's in the rear.

In an ideal world I would like to do away with the head unit as it is just getting in the way and making the centre console look messy.

Is there something out there that I can hide away and use to split the sound successfully?

Thank you
Posted By: szkom

Re: What head unit? (Sort of) - 18/11/2014 13:13

I have an equaliser unit I use for this. What you're after is a pre amp that can take your low level headphone input and then split it out to two RCA.

In my case I used an old two channel head unit to feed the equliser/pre amp which then splits out into 4 channel for the amps.

Unfortunately it's old gear I'm using so I can't recommend a product. Ebay certainly had some choice when I last looked.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What head unit? (Sort of) - 24/11/2014 13:57

Something like this:

Swiss Line Pre Amp

?

Thanks
Posted By: szkom

Re: What head unit? (Sort of) - 24/11/2014 15:11

Struggling to see the ad details on my phone. But yeah, that's the sort of thing.

You need to check it'll take 2 channel low level input and split it into 4 for your amps.
Posted By: ePiFaNT

Re: What head unit? (Sort of) - 26/11/2014 22:31

click to enlarge

Use a MiniDSP - 2 inputs and 4 outputs, with a whole world of digital correction between. Crossover, EQ, phase, ++

http://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK