Fiat Coupe Club UK

2 antennas - lucky me

Posted By: Anonymous

2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 22:44

I have two antenna cables routed trough to the area around my CD head unit. One is a large black and red cable with a smaller red power cable and a black ( i presume earth) cable attached. The other antenna is a single grey cable. Which one is the original - i.e. for the antenna in the back screen. I have another antenna on the car (installed by the previous owner) which I had assumed was for the car kit he installed ... however now I'm not so sure!

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 22:45

post pictures

personaly i'd go with the oe one

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 22:54

As Craig says please post pics.

I would think that the previous owner has fitted an aftermarket aerial due to the Coupes one not being all that good. If it has power connections I would imagine its maybe a glass mount one.

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 23:22

I'd love to post pics, but I've just installed a new head unit and the wiring is dodgy as hell back there - so I daren't take it out as long as it's still working! I'm using the large red/black cable which has a small red and a small black cable in the same sheath which splits out at the end! The other available cable is plain grey - which I think is the OE antenna? It would be nice if someone could confirm this without pics!

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 23:24

Plain grey is the OE aerial.

If you are using the other one it will require power to get the best reception from it.

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 23:29

Thanks Matty. I connected the power - getting decent MW reception now. It's good to know that I'm using the antenna drilled into the back of my car and it's not just for a crappy 90s Nokia phone

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 23:33

you installed a head unit?

did you cut the wires?

Re: 2 antennas - lucky me - 10/08/2006 23:54

Quote:

you installed a head unit?

did you cut the wires?

Nope, ISO connector there already. It's head unit number 4 for my coop. It had a Kenwood when I bought it 6 years ago, I swapped it for a JVC MP3 jobbie about 3 years ago (Halfords installed this and didn't connect the power for the antenna ) and I just swapped this for a Kenwood with USB I thought the JVC unit was knackered, but it turned out to be dodgy wiring
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK