Fiat Coupe Club UK

Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit

Posted By: Anonymous

Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 26/08/2016 15:44

Hi guys,
I have just been given a coupe with a full donor car, the running car is suffering from perished boost hoses, and I am looking to upgrade to a fmic, are there any posts or links on here for tips or info on fitting the kit. But above all are they any good.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mark.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 27/08/2016 09:59

Have you already purchased the Turborevs intercooler, or are you just considering it?

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 27/08/2016 17:02

Just looking at the mo, I have seen the pro alloy kit but it's a bit pricey, I'm an aircraft engineer so fitting the turborevs kit shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 28/08/2016 09:12

You might want to do a forum search for "turborevs" - he's not well regarded on this forum

ProAlloy kit is pricy, but performs very well and is extremely durable- mine has been fitted for about 200,000 miles....
Posted By: H_R

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 28/08/2016 19:59

If you are on a budget and handy with tools, you could go down the route of a Mitsubishi lancer Evo 5,6,7, FMIC (check which will fit first as i cannot remember which is the best one to fit) if you can find one cheap on ebay! you will need to buy some separate pipework to plumb it in but its doable on a budget!
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 28/08/2016 20:01

Occasionally Pro Alloy kits come up 2nd hand, it's worth a post in the wanted forum.

There is one type of FMIC for the Coupe that is not well regarded as its dual pass but for the life of me I can't recall the brand, don't think it's Turborevs and definitely not Pro Alloy.

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 28/08/2016 21:02

Originally Posted By: Gunzi
There is one type of FMIC for the Coupe that is not well regarded as its dual pass but for the life of me I can't recall the brand

Its made by Pace - not a good design, with notable boost drop and lag

Re: Turborevs 20vt intercooler kit - 29/08/2016 22:54

Guys,

Many thanks for the advice, I'm intrigued about the EVO option I've seen posts relating to the evo6 intercooler but is this the right option?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK