Fiat Coupe Club UK

SPA manifold... Feedback anyone?

Posted By: Anonymous

SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 07/11/2015 14:15

Hi guys as above, I'm just hoping to hear from anybody who has any experience with the spa exhaust manifold?

How well does it work?
Are these manifolds prone to cracking also?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 07/11/2015 15:19

They work well and no they don't crack.

Mine is a T3 so check what you need including the external WG as I think they're 38mm.
Posted By: bojke

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 07/11/2015 16:29

Hi

I have Spa manifold for T3 turbo with external wastegate.No problems at all,everything working well.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 07/11/2015 22:54

Thanks for the feedback guys, good to know thumb

Between me and my dad, we have 5 standard manifolds, and every bloody one of them has cracked, even the best ones are showing hair line cracks, time for a change!

Thanks again, and thanks for the advice Joe, I will do.
Posted By: Flea

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 08/11/2015 13:27

The Spa manifold is T3, designed for 38mm external wastegate. They are prone to warping after a few heavy heat cycles so may end up with a blow. I have had to machine two of these manifolds, but they do flow well enough and are a good alternative especially if wanting to go external wastegate.
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 06/11/2016 12:58

Has anyone used or even seen a SPA 16VT manifold? Comments?
Posted By: skeandubh

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 07/11/2016 21:15

Originally Posted By: Flea
The Spa manifold is T3, designed for 38mm external wastegate. They are prone to warping after a few heavy heat cycles so may end up with a blow. I have had to machine two of these manifolds, but they do flow well enough and are a good alternative especially if wanting to go external wastegate.

Out of interest would it be possible to use the SPA manifold with a turbo with an integral wastegate? Possibly just block off the flange for the external wastegate. Just an idea - any thoughts?
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 08/11/2016 09:20

Yes, however modern T3 flanged turbos with internal waste gates are difficult to find.
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: SPA manifold... Feedback anyone? - 08/11/2016 11:20

You can but an adapter T3 to T25. But I do not know how it will affect the position of the turbo. Maybe the turbo will sit too low.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK