Fiat Coupe Club UK

16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip

Posted By: InfectusGuy

16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 02/11/2015 23:33

Got my 16vt on the dyno this weekend and i'm very pleased with the results! Just a panel filter, cat-back system, manual boost controller and the all-important Voodoo Tuning chip-

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Bag loads of torque make it very driveable and in my eyes its how it should have come out of the factory. Great work KJ at Voodoo Tuning for the mapped chip and constant technical advice!
Also had it up at my local drag race meet at a place called RAF Upottery, Smeatharpe, not used since 1948 so you can imagine what condition the surface is in! None the less I managed to see-off a pair of 20vt's, one was way off the pace (didn't get to chat to him) but the other was a nice chap called Rob who was FC performace mapped at over 290bhp. Only just beat him mind you, he was only one 10th of a second behind me and had been struggling trying to get his launch control working. We were both struggling with bogging down issues but my fastest of the day was 14.83@95mph.
Guy
Posted By: kj16v

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 03/11/2015 23:43

Ha, launch control on a drag - that's just cheating anyway! laugh

Glad you like the chip. Good dyno result and more importantly, sounds like it works great on the road too smile
Posted By: Robfow

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 05/11/2015 17:52

First time I'd tried really launching since changing the clutch, and I wasn't doing very well! Got the right usb-serial lead now hopefully, so can get LC configured properly tongue

Even still, the times recorded on day were confusing me.. managed 0-100 in 11.9 before, recorded on a racelogic vbox. Yes my launches on the strip were bad, but a long way to go to get close.
Posted By: InfectusGuy

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 07/11/2015 19:51

Ahh have you gone for an uprated clutch? Could be trickier to launch with for sure! LC sounds interesting, if you're up there again you'll have to show me how it works. Unfortunately away for the one next weekend but will be on it next year.
Guy

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 07/11/2015 21:43

I have yes, a cg dual friction,as standard started slipping after a while. Also missing the next one, but plan on running again sometime smile
Posted By: MCMike

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 08/11/2015 08:11

Rob, how are you finding the CG dual-friction, in terms of bedding in / judder ? Mike

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 08/11/2015 09:44

I can get a bit of judder when pulling away with very low rpm, but it's not too bad - it is possible to pull away smoothly. I just drove gently for a while to do any bedding in.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 08/11/2015 10:37

Ok thanks for the info Rob
Posted By: knight7660

Re: 16vt dyno-panel filter,cat-back,Voodoo Tuning chip - 08/11/2015 12:32

good results with the 16VT, nice to see people giving them some loving

as for clutchs I have a dual friction plate aswell but with a helix uprated pressure plate and i must say its not to bad there is some judder but nothing like the paddle i had before.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK