Fiat Coupe Club UK

3" Turbo Back

Posted By: Blue20vt

3" Turbo Back - 28/01/2015 22:00

Has anyone got a full 3" Turbo back exhaust system installed?

I currently have 3" downpipe, 2.5" decat, 2.5" blueflame backbox.. however i am looking to keep the 3" downpipe and get a custom 3" decat back exhaust system made, to give me the full 3" system.

id been interested in seeing if anyone has any videos or pics.

thanks
Posted By: knight7660

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 28/01/2015 22:11

Nigel at motormech is probably one of the best for vids pictures and also Getting one mate because it's all done in house.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 29/01/2015 09:14

There are a few pics of my system here smile
Posted By: Nigel

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 29/01/2015 11:39

When I was gradually evolving my Coupe, I was reliably informed that as long as the first metre or so of pipe was 3", it could reduce for the mid-section, as the gasses were much cooler, and thus needed less volume

So - I ran with a H&S downpipe and a SuperSprint system. Sounded pretty good and was cheap(ish). At this point, I was running close to 400bhp

When the SuperSprint finally rusted away, I got Paul at Motormech to build me a proper 3" system, from turbo all the way back. Its an absolute work of art, as its built from welding pre-bent sections(we can't bend above 2.5" on-site).

I had the car dyno'd immediately afterwards and it gave 457bhp, with no other additional mods

If you're hoping to go much above 400bhp, I'd say thata full 3" system will be required to prevent too much back-pressure

I'll see if we can get some photos, as we're currently building a system for a customer
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 29/01/2015 11:54

Hi what's the price of a 3" downpipe with standard v band connection
Posted By: Trappy

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 29/01/2015 12:52

Originally Posted By: Nigel
When I was gradually evolving my Coupe, I was reliably informed that as long as the first metre or so of pipe was 3", it could reduce for the mid-section, as the gasses were much cooler, and thus needed less volume

I must admit, this always sounded like a load of old tosh back then. Just looking at the dyno results of the cars on Flea's old forum section showed a massive gap between GT28 turbos (Rs, RSRs and RSs, 0.64s and 0.86s) with and without 3" exhausts. Somewhere in the region of 40bhp on the same turbo I recall.

You can still some of the results and, without too much trouble, work out which of them has a big exhast system on the FC Dyno League Table.
Posted By: Ferrarist

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 30/01/2015 21:07

Here is mine...
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Posted By: Blue20vt

Re: 3" Turbo Back - 30/01/2015 23:08

Originally Posted By: Ferrarist
Here is mine...
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Have you any videos?