colombo bariani for 16v - 20/10/2014 17:26

Don't see these very often, so posting for those that might be interested:

eBay

Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 20/10/2014 17:46

Well spotted thumb
Posted By: Hoops82

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 08/12/2014 13:26

Good to see, I've been after a pair for a while.
But he is asking more than they cost new from C and B's, for the 16VT.

829 Eur is 645 GBP right now and he is after 650.....

http://www.cb-cams.com/dettaglio_prodotto.php?lang=eng&id_prodotto=55
Posted By: Burbum123

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 01/01/2015 19:56

Agree well overpriced
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 02/01/2015 17:45

Why not drop them a message and see if they will lower the price?
Posted By: Hoops82

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 13/07/2015 21:43

I tried that Jimbo and he wasn't too polite about saying he would not consider that.

Long time since these were up for sale and I haven't seen another set since. Still quite fancy some but its a big investment when there are cheaper, almost as good alternatives
Posted By: kj16v

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 14/07/2015 08:43

Simple solution: Cat Cams smile
Posted By: pippoinzaghi

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 05/10/2015 12:21

do someone tried inlet tipo cam
and in the exhaust the inlet lancia delta integrale 16v
cam (not the evo1 or evo2 that are the same as coupe 16vt) ?

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 07/10/2015 21:27

Hi. I guess you've seen that I used to run The Tipo/Coupe combo? I ran it for 3 years. However, in that time two exhaust cams (Coupe inlet cams) wore out - along with the associated main and big-end bearing destruction the first time (the second time big magnets in the sump saved the day laugh )! Lampredi cams are known to suffer excessive wear issues. I haven't finished investigating the exact cause, but so far it looks like the same issue. All of these cams are getting on a bit now so these I days I try to dissuade people from running this setup, lest they suffer the same issues

I run Catcams 438 cams now. They make the same power as my old Tipo/Coupe setup. They're quite finnicky to tune, though and a little bit peaky for my liking. So For the next set of Catcams that I order I'm thinking having the manufacture make up some custom sets to my own spec. with the aim of making a wider spread of torque from midrange to top-end.
Posted By: Honza

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 08/10/2015 12:38

if you have cam wear issues, then you have some problem with clearance, or with lubrication system (oil, oil delivery to cams..)

every time I had/met worn cams on 16V, it was due to lubricating issues (oil sprays in block, loose pipes feeding cam bearings etc..), or too tight clearances...

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 08/10/2015 13:26

Those are the usual suspects, but not always the case. In this instance clearences were perfect in both times. I did suspect lubrication issues but there was no evidence of that when stripping down the engine. I'm still investigating so no conclusion yet.

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 16/10/2015 10:36

kj16v do you still have the balance shafts in place?

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 17/10/2015 01:12

Hi. They're still in place but the belt is removed and the front one is locked - the rear doesn't move.

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 18/10/2015 06:28

you have to remove and blank oil passages with a plug inside
often after many kms the shafts have little play and the oil
pressure, specially at idle, drop down that's one of the most common
problems that result in camshafts wearing (the exhaust is often in worse condition).
None check and service the balance shaft bearings and also ,
as said from Honza above, the oil spray system under the pistons. wink

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 18/10/2015 14:09

I'm aware of those issues and it wasn't a low oil pressure problem, but cheers for the input. wink
Posted By: InfectusGuy

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 24/10/2015 13:16

I'm pretty sure the exhaust cam wear is due to the heat from the turbo buggering up the viscosity of the oil in the cam area. There's a reason Fiat slapped that great big heat shield on their stock manifold gaskets and i'd say this is it. What doesn't help is the stock cast manifold's tendency to crack between cylinders 3 and 4 and blast hot exhaust gasses straight onto the front of the head/"cambox" area. Integrales have bonnet vents, not massive ones but they probably help airflow around that area. The coupe on the other hand has very little cooling up the top there.
KJ, look forwards to your findings with your new spec of CatCams. I know you're all about the torque (and not just peaky fancy figures) so i'm sure you will brew up a nice design. Put me down for a set (on day!) when i get going on the Evo1 project.
Guy

Re: colombo bariani for 16v - 26/10/2015 19:46

Yeah, I'd also wondered if it was down to heat from the exhaust manifold - or at least exacerbated by it. My primaries that run closest to the cam cover are wrapped but they do still run very close.

Ha, you'll be first on the list for KJ Super Duper Cams! laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK