Fiat Coupe Club UK

Colombo & Bariani project approaching....

Posted By: hangar1138

Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 02/05/2014 19:18

hi friends

I started to have an idea in these days: I found a good pair of original cams 20VT with only 60.000 km and for 120€.

My coupè is around stage 2 tuning.

Colombo & Bariani ask around 150 € for modification of original shafts to "Road medium" profile.

http://www.cb-cams.com/dettaglio_prodotto.php?lang=eng&id_prodotto=70

http://www.cb-cams.com/en/camshaft-regrinding.php

I can't find someone that do this in Italy so I want to ask to you impressions adivice and if this is a nice upgrade to go for it!

take a look that for a new pair of fresh C&B cams they ask more than 900 € shocked

thank you for your constant support

ciao!!
Posted By: Jopa_zgd

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 05/05/2014 15:28

very interesting laugh

heard about that but don't know anybody that has done that..
900e for cams is not expensive it's ridiculous smile

If they modify stock cams for 150e and guarantee that the cams will not crack this is something I want to do laugh

They wrote: "...which will guarantee better performances and same toughness of the original shaft."

As you are from Italy, please contact them and ask if they are really can guarantee the toughness of cams.. I want to send them my cams but I don't want to ruin my Accralite pistons (and maybe whole engine) because of regrinded cams laugh

Cheers! wink
Posted By: JohnS

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 09/05/2014 07:40

I wouldn't bother trying to machine std cams, I have tried it, didn't really work. It would be better for someone with C&B cams to send them off to be copied.

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 17/05/2014 18:02

If I understand good, C&B grind the cams to the same specs as they cams have smile

You send your cams to the C/B?
What do you mean "didn't really work"?

This thing looks great to me, but something worry me, the holes on head for hydrolifters are too low if the cams are grinded.. those it means that hydrolifters will not work well?

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 17/08/2014 14:43

I will try this smile
Friend who know Italian language has been send a message to C&B if they can regrind Stilo 2.4 camshafts to Coupe road medium profile as I have Stilo camshafts in stock and don't know what to do with them smile

If they couldn't do that with stilo cams I will send 20vt original cams.

When they arrive I'll post some pics and when mounted some opinions and dyno graph to compare smile
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 17/08/2014 17:47

Originally Posted By: Jopa_zgd
I will try this smile
Friend who know Italian language has been send a message to C&B if they can regrind Stilo 2.4 camshafts to Coupe road medium profile as I have Stilo camshafts in stock and don't know what to do with them smile

If they couldn't do that with stilo cams I will send 20vt original cams.

When they arrive I'll post some pics and when mounted some opinions and dyno graph to compare smile

Go for it! rotate rotate rotate

It will be very interesting to see graphs from dyno (before and after installation).

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 15/03/2015 15:35

Hi, peoples!
I had some other job to think about and put regrinding of cams in delay.

Last week I contacted C&B and they wrote me I should contact ACAR company for international business. ACAR told me I should contact MB SPORT here in Croatia.

And now, the joy of the day. MB SPORT offers me regrinding of cams in C&B for 700 EUROS?!?!?! LOL
I think it's a fraud!

Did anyone contact or send cams to C&B? For which price?

For 700 Euros I'll rather go for custom made cams than regrind original smile
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 15/03/2015 16:04

That's a con big time.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 15/03/2015 22:49

I wonder how much interest there would be on a group buy of c&b cams
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Colombo & Bariani project approaching.... - 16/03/2015 10:28

Hi guys next days I will be in Milan to make the ARB, maybe I can go in person to C&B.

Can I help you?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK