Fiat Coupe Club UK

middle console

Posted By: Anonymous

middle console - 18/01/2015 12:08

Been thinking of re spraying my middle consol and just now stumbled on to this on my daily eBay search and it makes me wonder how good this would look fitted properly.

http://m.benl.ebay.be/itm/191455543961?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

Anyone any experience with this? Would it look as "good" as a re-spray?

Re: middle console - 18/01/2015 12:55

I got one of those kits just after I got my first coupe, fitted only a few bits of it and then removed them 'cause it looked terrible.

It looks cheap and quite obviously "stuck on" because the plastic is actually quite thick.

If it was thinner, followed the contours better and even wrapped around more it might be OK, but as it is I'd avoid it.

Re: middle console - 18/01/2015 16:36

I have seen one of these kits fitted and they just look cheap , whoever fitted it did a crap job that didn't help either . I would stay away myself and save the money to get it pro sprayed instead .

Re: middle console - 18/01/2015 17:03

just found a photo that looks like it has one on these kits fitted but looks a lot better fitted than the one I've seen .

click to enlarge

Re: middle console - 22/01/2015 16:14

i tried the sticky back film on the centre console on my coupe.. it looked tacky ond cheap, so i decided she deserved better and had all the plastic woek coated by wicked coatings.. this is a professional paint on coating that looks like the real thing (carbon fibre look.

there is photo's of it on my facebook page.

Re: middle console - 22/01/2015 23:33

thats my centre console. the sticky sticker was on when I brought it and its pretty well stuck doesn't move and looks the part! also got the matching silver surrounds around my window / sunroof switches.

I thought it was just a LE addition?
Posted By: Submariner

Re: middle console - 23/01/2015 20:24

quite like that. Wonder if the blue matches Sprint Blu looks similar?Saves the hassle of removing the console...still living with the flash backs from fitting the boost gauge in the clock recess 10yrs ago.

Re: middle console - 23/01/2015 20:28

looks quite close to sprint blue maybe a bit darker .

Re: middle console - 23/01/2015 20:39

Cheers I may have a punt, may look better than how mine has now gone. Your efforts look far far superior, are they available on an exchange basis?

Re: middle console - 23/01/2015 21:02

they could be , just waiting for the warmer weather so I can get in the shed and work in there .

Re: middle console - 23/01/2015 21:05

sounds good, think I will hold fire then as I was impressed with what you have done. I will hassle you at Horsham/Brooklands.

Re: middle console - 23/01/2015 21:23

thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK