Fiat Coupe Club UK

Uprated Headlights

Posted By: Anonymous

Uprated Headlights - 28/11/2014 14:42

Guys

im looking at uprated headlights - i bought the £20 ballast a bulb things off ebay but ive been on my 2nd set in a year and they now seem to be blowing fuses left right and centre (driving with my fog lights at the moment - the crappy yellow things)

anyone got any links or places to go for some pucker xenon headlight kits? ones that should last?

also - would it be the same kit for the main Beam lights or is there a specuial kit for them?

thanks
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Uprated Headlights - 28/11/2014 15:48

h1 bulb for dipped and fullbeam headlights
Posted By: HiraethHuw

Re: Uprated Headlights - 28/11/2014 23:08

I fitted Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs to the dipped beam and am chuffed with the improvement. Need to fit them to the main beam now. I also need to refurb the light covers as I bet that's reducing the light output. Let us know how you get on.
Posted By: Per

Re: Uprated Headlights - 29/11/2014 01:30

I put xenons at the dipped, but as you need the mains to work directly when you want them, no xenon there. 100w bulbs are the answer and works a treat.
I use Philips which are usually great.
I did swap over from xenon's to Osram Nightbreaker on the dipped, they didn't come on most of the times. On the Punto xenon's works a lot better for some reason.
And the plastic glass needs refurbishing in the first place. smile
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Uprated Headlights - 29/11/2014 10:16

AC digital units are what want, if fitting xeons.

Just to add, I recently fitted cree sidelight bulbs, wow they are very bright indeed. I'm just wondering if the cree headlight bulbs are any good. I did a bit of looking about these bulbs but was unable to find a proper answer.
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: Uprated Headlights - 29/11/2014 13:20

ive had my hids on for 2 years with no problems, just make sure you get metal ballasts(thick type) and for the hids lights id recommend getting these with the metal base, much better quality than the cheap chinese plastic knock offs.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Uprated Headlights - 09/12/2014 07:46

Originally Posted By: HiraethHuw
I fitted Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs to the dipped beam and am chuffed with the improvement. Need to fit them to the main beam now. I also need to refurb the light covers as I bet that's reducing the light output. Let us know how you get on.

I've just upgraded my halfords bulbs to night dealers and the difference is huge, with much improved visibility. Thanks for the recommendation!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK