Fiat Coupe Club UK

interior swap

Posted By: Anonymous

interior swap - 31/08/2014 22:01

hi,my mate has offered me his interior out of his 20vt coupe but is different to mine as mines a 16vt, I was wondering which bits will fit into mine and which bits I cant? door cards, seats, dash etc etc

thanks
Posted By: Begbie

Re: interior swap - 01/09/2014 10:18

Door cards won't fit, you will need 20v/t doors for that. Dash will fit, but that is alot of work to remove and refit the dashboard, along with changing the wiring / heater controls etc..

Re: interior swap - 29/09/2014 06:48

Since I will be wanting to do a interior swap also and I too own a 16vt, what can I and what can't I swap from a Limited Edition interior? Seats front and back, door cards, steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake.
Posted By: bockers

Re: interior swap - 29/09/2014 10:47

Seats, gear stick, handbrake cover and steering wheel. For cards will not fit without a lot of work.
Posted By: Mariusz

Re: interior swap - 29/09/2014 12:03

Originally Posted By: bockers
For cards will not fit without a lot of work.

No, if you change the doors.. smile

Re: interior swap - 15/10/2014 18:43

Originally Posted By: bockers
Seats, gear stick, handbrake cover and steering wheel. For cards will not fit without a lot of work.

What are the differences between the two doors (16vt and 20vt)?
Posted By: injekciona

Re: interior swap - 15/10/2014 19:17

The interior handle is on a different position. I don't know if there are any other mounting differences, but I can give you some of my old facelift door cards for a test.

20VT and 16VT

Re: interior swap - 15/10/2014 20:56

I will try to fit the later 20vt door cards to a 16vt doors. I think this swap has been done in Bulgaria but there is no info how to do it and what must be changed - just the final result.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: interior swap - 15/10/2014 21:06

The 20v door cards won't fit a 16v door, the door handle and latch mechanism are in a different place so the holes and mounts won't match up.

Re: interior swap - 16/10/2014 17:32

Yes I agree that 20v door cards are not straight fit to 16v door BUT today after some modification to the door (I cut a little piece of metal from the door and drilled ONE hole for the door handle) they fit. Tomorrow I will post some pictures wink It is a 2-hour job if you know what and how to do it!
Posted By: Begbie

Re: interior swap - 20/10/2014 10:25

4 days later and no pictures! laugh

Re: interior swap - 20/10/2014 14:36

Heheh wink Sorry for the delay but I was busy these days driving the coop and enjoying my new door cards smile

Another thing is that most of the pictures are not in my phone ( i was dirty so one of my friends was the photographer).

Here you are some of them just because I saw your impatience. The final product I will upload later when I have the pictures sent to me by my friend.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I know that this method is ugly and not professional but I am pharmacist not a mechanic (when the door card is installed nothing wrong and ugly can be seen wink ). Everything works, it is solid and no rattles or sounds while driving. And the most important it cost me nothing (no face lift doors, no respray and so on).

I will make a video to show you how everything works like a charm wink

Re: interior swap - 21/10/2014 10:00

And the video...Sorry for the bad quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItKlFiAh8c&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfuSZHIRxw&feature=youtu.be

Re: interior swap - 24/10/2014 08:02

Originally Posted By: Begbie
4 days later and no pictures! laugh

4 days later after posting my pictures and videos - not even a single comment or word rolleyes

Re: interior swap - 24/10/2014 09:21

Looks good to me , fine job .
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK