Fiat Coupe Club UK

Complete make over

Posted By: Anonymous

Complete make over - 04/03/2013 19:03

Hello all!
I've been reading this forum for the last few years, without really posting anything. A few months ago I started with a new project. My Coupé will get a totally new body. I love original Coupés, but I now want something different. Also trying to make it an even better car.

This was the Coupé before its make over. All standard, except for Novitec springs and a Squadra chip.
click to enlarge

Got rid of the typical Bangle cuts using an other panel, modified the boot lid and placed other tail lights.
click to enlarge

Added something to the hood...
click to enlarge

Made a hole in the hood...
click to enlarge

Modified the wings and doors.
click to enlarge

That's what we did so far. After the body, I'll also take care of the interior, engine and drivetrain. So it might take another 2 year...
Posted By: coupe_integrale

Re: Complete make over - 04/03/2013 21:08

Nice to see something different!

Very interest to see how the flared arches turn out and how much more aggressive it'll look.

Unsure on the 550/Z4 boot and loosing the slashes but as I said - great to see something different being done.
Posted By: jame5

Re: Complete make over - 04/03/2013 21:11

Interesting! I think it would be unfair to comment yet as it not finished and those sort of modifications can be made or broken by the quality of the work. Some people will hate it but i look forward to seeing it finished, keep the updates coming thumb
Posted By: Mariusz

Re: Complete make over - 04/03/2013 23:03

Can't wait to see it finished.. shocked
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: Complete make over - 05/03/2013 02:07

Keen to see how the pumped guards without slashes looks!
Posted By: Mrzly_slo

Re: Complete make over - 05/03/2013 16:30

I think you are trying to do of something I dreamed that someone will ever dare to do....

Rear end from a 599 Ferrari?
click to enlarge

Re: Complete make over - 05/03/2013 19:36

Originally Posted By: Mrzly_slo
I think you are trying to do of something I dreamed that someone will ever dare to do....

Rear end from a 599 Ferrari?

I did get some inspiration of Ferrari, for the rear end mostly 599 GTO. Although I don't really like the bumper and exhausts...

Here's another photo of the rear end. We're still thinking about what's best to do with the bumper.

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/oksa51.jpg[/img]
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Complete make over - 05/03/2013 22:02

Looking forward to see the final result.
Posted By: Mrzly_slo

Re: Complete make over - 06/03/2013 14:03

Where did you got the rear lights and how much did you pay for them?

Re: Complete make over - 06/03/2013 19:31

Got to appreciate the effort that has gone into that lovely work so far.

I lve never been fond of custom coupes the end result is usually horrendous but I think you have paid great attention to detail here smile

What arches have you used I always was curious to see how a coupe would look with rounded off arches ? I can imagine the front is a bit of a pain with the flat ish arch liner to modify ?

The rear end is going to be tricky to finish the look right because of its boxy shape with that Z4 lid added on. My advice with the rear bumper would be to make sure it tapers upwards from the lowest point at the corners near the wheels otherwise the rears tend to become fat and bulky looking ! But yeah a blended lip cut so it's just basically like corner spats and the add a rear diffuser of another car into the mix there's plenty on eBay and perhaps blend in a trapezoid number plate cutout to go with the new boot. I always thought a Lotus Exige diffuser may work well modified to fit a coupe as the number plate can be mounted in the diffuser then keep it clean looking smile

Anyway top marks though I will always love more original coupe's but I think this is a breathe of fresh air to see something unique but well finished looking forward to it laugh
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Complete make over - 07/03/2013 21:37

Good to see you've found your way on here Joost. smile

Re: Complete make over - 08/03/2013 16:27

Liking this so far. As has been said, nice to see something different. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Re: Complete make over - 08/03/2013 16:53

Well done and good luck! This project is taking a lot of time, effort and expertise.... and love

Keep us in touch,

Tim

Re: Complete make over - 08/03/2013 18:01

With this photo you should get a better idea of the arches. I want to create a low car without having the wheels hidden halfway behind the arches... The new arches are a lot higher than the standard ones and they're also bigger.

click to enlarge

I don't want to rush anything, it should get a "factory look". And if something doesn't look good, we'll just do it over again. Eventually we'd like to have moulds made of all the parts, so we can make more cars like these. At least my mate's coupé, who does all the welding.

Re: Complete make over - 08/03/2013 18:57

Looks very interesting, look forward to seeing more as it develops... thumb

Re: Complete make over - 12/07/2014 10:25

Have there been any developments on this project since 2013 please?

Re: Complete make over - 26/07/2016 12:21

I gave up on this project due lack of time, a friend of mine however will finish the project on his Coupé. It's starting to look very cool!

https://facebook.com/nielsracing/

I still have some parts left, which I'll try to sell here, including an original PIU front bumper.

Re: Complete make over - 03/08/2016 17:37

Fair play to you, looks good!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK