Fiat Coupe Club UK

byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate

Posted By: Anonymous

byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 31/05/2009 10:36

This man has been running a scam on this forum and possibly others. He contacts members with regards to selling an item, in this case a cambelt kit and asks for the money. The item is never sent. I now know of three instances where this con has now taken place. I have reported this member to the police and will be taking him to court. If you have had similar dealings please contact myself or the moderators. Let's get this conman who has spoiled our community and get him convicted.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 31/05/2009 12:33

THats lucky. Very nearly bought that Cambelt kit, but my 16vt went tits up so didnt bother.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 31/05/2009 12:48

and you would have paid £70!
Posted By: Nigel

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 31/05/2009 13:32

The Mod team has Ronny Folgate's address and telephone numbers, so if anyone needs them, just get in touch and explain the circumstances and we'll be pleased to supply the details

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 14/06/2009 16:49

Right, development here. Police called me today and are looking to arrest him. Anyone on here who has had problems with hims, the Police would very much like to hear from you. PM me and I will forward you the case details
Posted By: Baz76

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 14/06/2009 21:07

That`s good to know that the police are taking an interest thumb . Hopefully it`ll be a deterrent to other low life's thinking about trying similar schemes grr .

Baz smile
Posted By: samsite999

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 18/06/2009 22:44

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 18/06/2009 23:25

It says he is called Dan in his sig Sam?

I think I actually know him.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 18/06/2009 23:26

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 18/06/2009 23:28

in fact I'm almost certain I know him as that looks like his back garden. I went to school with his brother. He has never owned a coupe!
Posted By: Brewster

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 06:59

If I remember correctly I think his preferred forum name is/was 2ingoo1inpoo, or similar.
Posted By: JimO

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 07:02

Who are we supposed to be looking at, Bravo dan or Anonymous...

Am I missing something?

The IP addresses bear no resembalance to what we have here..

Great work Samsite rolleyes

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 07:09

haha the posts in that link remind me of Monty Python and the holy grail...

attack!!!

run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 08:52

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 09:41

Originally Posted By: Brewster
If I remember correctly I think his preferred forum name is/was 2ingoo1inpoo, or similar.

Well that certainly made me chuckle laugh
Posted By: Tommy_Coop23

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 09:52

What can i say you're only human and we're all allowed to make mistakes smile

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/06/2009 12:56

all fixed, spoke to the lad in question and the mods over on boo to remove the post

Sorry for any confusion, i was half asleep at time of post and will look before i leep in future

no damage done,

Samsite

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 22/06/2009 21:15

Update:
Following the police visiting him, he has said that he will send me a full refund. He has said that any other members who are querying anything from him can email him@ ronfolgate@googlemail.com (This is with his permission) I have said that I want my refund by first post on Friday at the latest. I will keep you posted.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 23/06/2009 06:24

Thats great news, keep us all updated, and I strongly suggest that anyone else with issues with this chap, emails him now. The police visit has obviously done its trick.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 09:45

How thick is this man? The police have told him that if he doesn't return the money, they will arrest him for fraud. He sends me an email to tell me its been sent (How many times have I heard this one from him now?) Of course it hasn't, so nothing arrives. The police have told me that they are now definitely going to arrest and charge him. What a fccuking ccensoredt! (Forgive my spelling, I seem to have come over all chav!)

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 10:04

Oh good! Keep us posted.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 11:30

Originally Posted By: Nigel
The Mod team has Ronny Folgate's address

Maybe we should arrange a meet at his house laugh punch

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 11:33

Yeah and maybe we should leave it in the hands of the police!!

So we can stop that train of thought right now thanks.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 11:45

coat

I'm still waiting for Paypal to refund me from dogtanion007. Very frustrating!

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 12:10

Consider yourself told off Phil!

I had to wait 3 months for a Paypal refund, got it in the end but once eBay get involved, it doesn't half drag on!

Gareth

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 14:54

Originally Posted By: JimO
Yeah and maybe we should leave it in the hands of the police!!

So we can stop that train of thought right now thanks.

Agreed. In this case I am nothing short of impressed with the Kent contabulary. They have been very good.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 17:53

<moderator hat=on>

Just so you know, we're keeping an eye on this thread. Threats of violence will not be tolerated.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 29/06/2009 19:24

You are right. Where would it get any of us except in trouble. I am frustrated by the situation beyond belief but at the same time have done it all by the book. True, nothing would give me more satisfaction than to sort it the old fashioned way but I've got a family and kids. I am getting some satisfaction from the fact that PC Lambert from the Kent police has been keeping me constantly updated and has him squirming on the line. I hope that this thread shows that there is mileage in doing things in the propper manner.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/07/2009 18:33

Ok, this matter has finally come to a close. Ronny Folgate has now sent me the money recorded delivery (arriving tomorrow and I have the tracking number) He was arrested today and charges and has now got an official recorded caution as it was his first offence. The police officer concerned told me that he was very distressed by the whole situation. He confessed to taking the money knowing that he didn't have the item in question to sell, that it was owed to him. He also confessed to lying several times that he had sent the money. He has also said that he won't be joining any forums or selling stuff on the internet again.

I'm glad that the situation is over but I must confess it feels somewhat of a hollow victory. Have I been overly relentless over what is, after all a fairly small amount of money? He incensed me somewhat in an email where he said he couldn't believe that there was so much fuss over 'just' £40. Clearly £40 is a big deal to him because he would have returned it immediately. It saddened me to learn that he has a young daughter and from the sounds of it, his situation is somewhat desperate so of course, who will be the victim in this? True, he shouldn't have done it but were his motives entirely selfish?

Anyhow, I digress. Thanks to the mods who have been very helpful. Thanks also to Kent Police and members who have helped them, in particular PC Lambert who I cannot praise more highly. The one thing I think this has shown is that there is a right way to go about things and I am pleased with the outcome.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/07/2009 18:38

Glad it's been sorted and through all the correct channels too, which is good to know smile
Posted By: stan

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 19/07/2009 18:49

Excellent news and very pleased to hear that not only has this been resolved but also that the BiBs have been so helpful.

For info, byebyegti has been banned from the forum, obviously!

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 09:21

Well, the money arrived today but only half of it.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 09:27

You are joking!!

What are you going to do now?

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 10:30

Jesus, he dosn't seem the to be the quickest of the cats.

He sounds like an oppertunist, your more likely to get away taking lot's of small amounts from many people, than going for the kill on one person.

Get back in contact with the local plod i say.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 14:58

I'm going through the small claims court now. For the sake of £20, he'll end up paying £400 for court costs. I know he won't win because he has already confessed to fraud and the police have cautioned him.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 15:28

Originally Posted By: Goonv8
It saddened me to learn that he has a young daughter and from the sounds of it, his situation is somewhat desperate so of course, who will be the victim in this? True, he shouldn't have done it but were his motives entirely selfish?

I'm going through the small claims court now. For the sake of £20, he'll end up paying £400 for court costs. I know he won't win because he has already confessed to fraud and the police have cautioned him.

I think you should let this go. I understand the point your making and no one will say different but If his motives were highlighted in the manner you said about his daughter then just down tools and consider him a loser.

He has his caution and If he does it again he's screwed as it's on his record and been noted down. Plus everyone here know's who he is and have his details. I doubt he will be in a rush to try again
Posted By: PeteP

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 15:32

On this basis I should forgive the person who stole a birthday present left for me by my son in the porch at home?

No chance of finding him or her anyway.

It is still theft, no matter the motive.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 15:48

I'm not arguing what is right or wrong as we all know the score but sometimes there is kicking a donkey and then there is kicking a donkey when it's down.

My point was the police now have him and his cards are well and truly marked so if he is stupid enough to do it again then they have him. If this was £200 I'd argee more but maybe I see £20 differently to others.

Don't get me wrong though I don't dissargee with what Goonv8 will do but it's just my 2p when reading it all.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 15:59

If it was me I would go to the small claims court as well.

It is the principle as much as anything else.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 16:21

I'm inclined to agree. If everyone who was happy to have £20 stolen would please forward it to me, I'll see that the Surrey Air Ambulance gets it...

(And big thanks to all who supported me/them for the hill climb!)
Posted By: magooagain

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 16:58

Let it go Imo,i have been ripped of by various people for years by the odd small amount.unfortunatley its part of life when being in a small business.
Now that we all buy and sell through the internet,its going to happen to someone somewhere every day.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 17:04

I'd take him to the small claims court.

Where do you draw the line? Its theft. End of story.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 17:11

So is stealing bags of cement and plaster from my site.
Try taking that to the small claims or police.
Its just not worth it in this instance and the cirumstances given by Goonv8 in the recent posts imo.
Posted By: MattM

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 17:36

Yes but this man is obviously a dishonest geezer, so who's to say he's telling the truth about his circumstances?

You should definitly definitly take him to court in my opinion, don't go soft.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 17:46

Originally Posted By: MattM
so who's to say he's telling the truth about his circumstances?

Tut tut! So cynical! Welcome to my world Matt smile

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 17:53

Originally Posted By: MattM
Yes but this man is obviously a dishonest geezer, so who's to say he's telling the truth about his circumstances?

You should definitly definitly take him to court in my opinion, don't go soft.

Yes Matt i have to admit it did cross my mind also,but life is short bla bla etc etc.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 19:28

Of course, the other point here is that I too have two small children. That money was taken from me forcing me to but another complete cambelt kit so instead of £120, its cost me £160. £ 40 that I could well have spent on my two children. I am, myself officially unemployed until September, when my new contract starts. (Although, in fact the wheel business is taking off to the point that we are going to register it on August 1st). What gets me is the lies. I did feel guilty but then I received emails asking me to confirm that the money had arrived and how did he know that I wasn't going to rip him off. I fortunately opened it in front of a witness but I have no doubt that he will claim he sent £40. This is what gets me. If the guy said to me, "Sorry mate, I shouldn't have done it. Times are really hard at the moment and I'm going to struggle to pay you back." I'd have told him to pay what he could and leave it at that. The fact that he has constantly and consistently lied through his teeth about this pisses me off. I know for a fact that there is at least one other forum member who bought the item in question but has decided not to go further. In my mind, he should pay for what he has done. I have ONLY asked for what he took. No compensation, nothing other than what was taken. I didn't even ask for the special delivery fee that I had to pay to send the money to him in the first place. I'm sorry but I don't think that's unreasonable.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 19:41

..... then I received emails asking me to confirm that the money had arrived and how did he know that I wasn't going to rip him off. I fortunately opened it in front of a witness but I have no doubt that he will claim he sent £40.

I was borderline on this issue before, but that for me is the reason you should take him to court.
Completely dishonest. If he was really concerned, he'd send a cheque, so that he had a bank statement as a receipt !

However, would your witness be seen to be impartial, and can they be bothered with the hassle themselves? It seems that this rogue has played the system for all it's worth, and is prepared to take it all the way. Be sure you can be bothered before taking the next step !

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 20:04

Witness was the post office counter operator. Its even on film.
Posted By: ioksotot

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 20:46

I'd say you have him bang to rights then, there's no excuse for dishonesty, we've all been scratching and scraping for cash at one time or another, I for one have never taken something that does not belong to me, for any reason, so why should he? What a way to bring a child up anyway, does he tell his daughter that he's Robin Hood or something?

I'm really glad that you've got at least something back, but in my opinion take it all the way... I completely detest the way our current society thinks is perfectly acceptable to steal. grr
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 21:27

The bloke is a complete tool. He has set himself up because when he does come before the court he wont have any proof that he has paid the money only your honesty in saying that he sent the cash.

Personally I would take him to court because he is bound to have done the above to lots of other people, and all those £10-20 will soon add up to a nice little pay day.

Good work Mr Goonv8. No need to feel any guilt either because its HIS responsibility to look after his children not yours.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 20/07/2009 21:47

In my mind, he should pay for what he has done. I have ONLY asked for what he took. No compensation, nothing other than what was taken. I didn't even ask for the special delivery fee that I had to pay to send the money to him in the first place. I'm sorry but I don't think that's unreasonable.

No one will think it is unreasonable as your in the right and it's your money. If you feel you got to do something about it then do it.
Posted By: GraemeC

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 10:07

Originally Posted By: CoupeNewbie
..... then I received emails asking me to confirm that the money had arrived and how did he know that I wasn't going to rip him off. I fortunately opened it in front of a witness but I have no doubt that he will claim he sent £40.

I was borderline on this issue before, but that for me is the reason you should take him to court.
Completely dishonest. If he was really concerned, he'd send a cheque, so that he had a bank statement as a receipt !

I was going to write a comment on this thread the other day, but was finding it hard to express my feelings - CoupeNewbie has it spot on!

Dishonest, dishonest and even when caught dishonest - you've only asked for your money back, nothing more. I think its reached the stage when some sort of punishment is deserved grr

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 10:41

Witness was the post office counter operator. Its even on film.

Good work. Completely waterproof case, and you've got him bang to rights smile

It's just a question of whether you can be bothered with the hassle. He's clearly betting £20 at ~20-1 that you won't.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 13:24

There are too many dishonest people around that are willing to abuse the trust that exists on car forums like this.

I think you should take it as far as it will go - if a court fines him, then its his problem.

I'm pleased that its gone as far as it has, especially with the Police involvement. If you continue, it will send out the message that forums aren't easy pickings any more
Posted By: GraemeC

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 20:06

Totally agree - there is a lot of trusting people on this fourm who are willing to help others for little or nothing in return

It only takes a couple of instances of people being ripped off and that trust and camaraderie could easily be lost forever
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 20:11

Yeah good on you for taking it all the way to the bitter end, this should be an example to others.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 20:23

All the way, make this an example for the next chump which hides behind the keyboard.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 21/07/2009 20:35

agreed

im the first person to give some one a break, but this guy took the censored

there is a lot of trust on this forum, and it only takes 1 git like this to destroy it frown

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 10/09/2015 16:10

He's running one as
ticket-frenzy.uk
would like his phone number

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 15/09/2015 12:54

Just been taken by him for fottball tikets
Posted By: PeteP

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 15/09/2015 13:59

Why not talk to your local plod?

It's not as if he doesn't have form with at least the Kent police.

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 15/09/2015 20:44

Originally Posted By: stretfordend
Just been taken by him for fottball tikets

And you have made the effort to register on here to tell us? How did you know this thread existed?

Re: byebyegti aka Ronny Folgate - 15/09/2015 21:27

Originally Posted By: magooagain
How did you know this thread existed?

This thread is the first hit on google when searching for "Ronny Folgate".

There's also a similar thread on Twitter where's he's taken money for tickets and sent nothing:

https://twitter.com/yekiel/status/421735226184699904
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK