Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupé and new born baby?

Posted By: Anonymous

Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:36

As above are coupe practical for new borns as i dont want to sell my beloved coupé as ive spent 9k in 12 months on getting it running correctly.

Few things i need answers for

1. Baby seats, are these a issue?

2. Boot space for prams etc?

3. Rear windows they dont make shades small enough so would a dark window tint be good enough?

4. Im a very protective person on a scale of 1-5 on the n-cap saftey ratings is the coupe?

Thankyou Steve

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:40

1. I used to have a baby seat in mine no probs

2. you can always use the ski hatch to put the pram through

3. i would get them tinted

4. not too sure

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:42

number 4 i would want like uhm whats the coupe like in a side on collision as i know the front of a coupe is safe in a smash and the rear, and ive disabled both front airbags aswel personal preference

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:46

well you couldn't put a rear facing seat in the front with an airbag anyway.
If you go to say halfords they usually insist if they fit the car seat that the seat clip thing mustn't touch the body of the seat or something but mine never caused any problems.
Maybe PM countrycruising to see what he has seen of side impact coupes or even carlt

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:46

1.car seat i have 2,
2.get a 3 in one pram,use as car seat aswel,plenty space
3.3 in 1 pram has hood on car seat pull it down, cool
4. google smile

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:48

halfords smile seat belt not to touch body,hmmm same was said to me an the guy would not sell me it,so seen the one i liked an bought else where smile

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:51

my sister works for motheercare and they make car seats for old cars with belt buckles like the coupes there more expensive but you cant put a price on your kids life,

plus i dont want to get a crappy diesel my kid needs to travel in style my baby in a baby ferrari laugh

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:51

same here, never had any problems.
my old bosses wife worked for halfords and she used to fit the seats and told me that even though they fitted they were told they are unsafe when touching although she didn't agree

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 21:57

my sister says if the buckle touchs the plastic and if were to be in a car crash the buckle would snap the plastic and cause the baby to go flying
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 22:06

its already been said, well what i need to say.

it can be easily done. on my coupe the passenger airbag can be turned off. life may just be a little more difficult than in a 4 door car

if there was a option i would have a simple 4 door car for the babey transport and the coupe for weekends

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 22:19

My little one loves the coop, she came home from hospital in it and has been a regular passenger ever since.

Most seats fit, we use a Britax but most of the others fitted ok, it's just the Britax was a better seat from a car to car point of view, although we now have one in each car!

Boot space, now, you won't get any of the big stuff like Jane and Mutsy, but the smaller stuff (go for something umbrella fold if poss) will go in, or you can sling it on the back seat of course.

Dark tint, up to you really, if you like the van look! Of course, baby comes first so whatever you have to do, I just had a sunshade there, universal fit one, probably from Mothercare or somewhere similar, I don't bother now, she wears shades!

N Cap, don't know. Doubt it's brilliant but then my other car is a great lumbering Disco, and apparently they don't rate highly either, although I'd rather be in the disco if I was to have a smash!

Oh, and congratulations! laugh

Gareth

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 24/05/2009 22:30

thanks spee

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 25/05/2009 05:36

Spee, a Mutsy does fit in the boot with the wheels off.

We used the seatbelt buckle from the other side in the back as there was nobody else there. No issues with the buckle going against the seat then. All three sizes of seat have fitted no problem, but that is only one kid. Sunshades that go on with a sucker work fine. Have fun with the sprog...
Posted By: Mansilla

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 25/05/2009 15:53

My daughter gets to ride in the coupe all the time. Both pushchairs fit easily in the boot - google for Phil & teds Sport (pricey, but well worth it) and Quinny Zapp - which fits into a corner. Now in a forward facing seat - both have been Maxi-Cosi's. When she was in the rear facing seat we tended to use it in the front, with the airbag off.

This seatbelt touching stuff sounds like rubbish to me - snap the seatbelt in a crash? If it can stand up to an adult, who could easily be 100kg+, I dont think a sub-5kg baby is likely to snap it.

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 25/05/2009 22:56

he seat belt is to to with constant rubbing and if in a car crash all the g-forces created can turn a few kg seat to 10 times its own wieght plus velocity force created from a crash, better safe than sorry im off on weds mornign for the back seats measureing for legal car seats and ill make a list and perfect prams n buggys
Posted By: flyingcustard

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 25/05/2009 23:18

We have a renault scenic and my coupe, click to enlarge scenic is ideal all rounder but the coup is fine to, baby seat fits fine,3in1 pram in boot no prob,and i can turn passenger airbag off,not used the coup yet as just had newborn 1 week laugh

Re: Coupé and new born baby? - 25/05/2009 23:26

Originally Posted By: MattE
Spee, a Mutsy does fit in the boot with the wheels off.

We used the seatbelt buckle from the other side in the back as there was nobody else there. No issues with the buckle going against the seat then. All three sizes of seat have fitted no problem, but that is only one kid. Sunshades that go on with a sucker work fine. Have fun with the sprog...

I know this! However, taking the wheels off all the time is a pain, had this with the mutsy and the Jane, gave up in the end and got a McLaren stroller as soon as she could sit up herself!

G
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK