Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe off the road

Posted By: Banksy

Coupe off the road - 17/04/2024 12:03

My fiat coupe 20 v turbo has been off the road on my drive for over 14 years and I’ve never started it up in all that time.
It was running at the time of taking it off the road but business was going great and had no time to drive it.
I decided a few days ago to give it too my son to put back on the road and it would be his baby.
To my surprise after chatting with a few people I put power to the battery and boosted the charge and the battery did take charge to half its battery power which I’m amazed about.
The next thing was to try and start it and if I should start it!?
Well 2nd amazing thing was it turn over twice and started up!
I quickly turned it off as I didn’t know what to expect and what to do next as I now know it still runs.
I could do with someone who has first hand knowledge and information who has been in my shoes of what to do next to get it back on the road.
Thanks in advance
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Coupe off the road - 17/04/2024 12:27

New battery, (full belt change) with a full Service, oil, filters, plugs, fluids....new tyres, pads/discs (possibly).....get the old fuel out/add an additive and fresh fuel

If keeping as little as possible to get an MoT and then take if from there...new hoses/CHOD etc..what is the paint/lacquer and rust underneath like?7

Much depends on the money you want to spend on her for what purpose.... MOT, sale or a keeper.

Biggest expense in my experience is bodywork/paint/rust eradication.....
Posted By: respace

Re: Coupe off the road - 17/04/2024 13:05

Paint shouldn't be a problem for Banksy.
Good luck
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Coupe off the road - 17/04/2024 14:42

Originally Posted by Banksy
My fiat coupe 20 v turbo has been off the road on my drive for over 14 years and I’ve never started it up in all that time.
It was running at the time of taking it off the road but business was going great and had no time to drive it.
I decided a few days ago to give it too my son to put back on the road and it would be his baby.
To my surprise after chatting with a few people I put power to the battery and boosted the charge and the battery did take charge to half its battery power which I’m amazed about.
The next thing was to try and start it and if I should start it!?
Well 2nd amazing thing was it turn over twice and started up!
I quickly turned it off as I didn’t know what to expect and what to do next as I now know it still runs.
I could do with someone who has first hand knowledge and information who has been in my shoes of what to do next to get it back on the road.
Thanks in advance

Remote help many in your position with bring Coupes out of storage after a long time so if I can help at all do please give me a call.

01684 59387.

Cheers, Joe
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coupe off the road - 17/04/2024 17:05

Originally Posted by respace
Paint shouldn't be a problem for Banksy.
Good luck

laugh

Re: Coupe off the road - 19/04/2024 09:30

Cheers Joe

Re: Coupe off the road - 19/04/2024 09:33

Colour of car is metallic ink black. Not sure what it’s like underneath as not got under there as yet. Will be looking when the weather is better. Nothing but rain here at the moment. Thanks everyone for the info.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK