Fiat Coupe Club UK

Mot's and back on the road

Posted By: Master_Mariner

Mot's and back on the road - 15/04/2024 14:12

I was starting to think this year may be a total non-starter.

But at long last, the rain stopped. The sun has finally dried out most of the standing flood water- and its been dry enough to get my Coop- mot'd.

She sailed through everything - except the co2 test. After 3 failures- the tester just said to take her for an italian tune up. As I was concerned she was not going to scrape through...i may have overdone it a bit and gave her a hard push - she came back to the mot' station HOT but then sailed through her c02 - so one MOT and no advisories.

Its new oil and plugs time next....then time to save some pennies and start planning the next phase of work.

But she back on the road - and the MoT tester noted "less then 1K in almost two years..." time to get some trips in with the old girl.

Anyhow-she is back on the road....lets see what insurance renewal is like with Hagerty this year!

Regards

MM
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Mot's and back on the road - 15/04/2024 14:20

Yes, a bit of the beans helps no end with MoT emissions!

Mine's due on Friday, expecting a top mount and maybe a couple of front tyres.....
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Mot's and back on the road - 15/04/2024 14:21

Great to read she's MOT;d and back on the road Rob thumb
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Mot's and back on the road - 15/04/2024 14:23

What was the issue with the hot starter button Rob?
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Mot's and back on the road - 16/04/2024 08:54

Thanks Joe- was starting to worry myself for a bit there!

Edinburgh - Button issue remains unresolved at this time. I did double check there were no loose or dirty wires/cables/relays/fuses under and around the lower dash- everything seems strange. She jumps in to live very quickly hot or cold. The rain (and sleet) has returned- so no chance to take her out again until hopefully this weekend. I suspect 20 year electrics are the cause of he issue.

Here's to some motoring time this weekend!

Regards

MM
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK