Fiat Coupe Club UK

my old coupe's back up for sale

Posted By: Anonymous

my old coupe's back up for sale - 22/03/2018 16:43

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232706661101

I'll be keeping an eye on it wink
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 22/03/2018 20:04

I’m hoping to go and have a look at it next weekend.

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 23/03/2018 17:56

Seen the comments about this car on Facebook page

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 23/03/2018 19:22

no .

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 23/03/2018 20:37

Hummmm
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 24/03/2018 08:24

Tempted Iain?!

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 24/03/2018 09:25

No been their , done that .

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 24/03/2018 17:19

I put a deposit down subject to it passing it’s mot. When I’ve got it I’ll come back and introduce myself.

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 25/03/2018 18:15

Excellent! Look forward to hearing back from you soon thumb
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 26/03/2018 11:32

You've got a good one there I think.
Posted By: sharman

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 26/03/2018 18:26

Originally Posted By moonie

Yeah I read the FB discusion about this, some really nasty comments.
People saying it is clocked and hiding serious problems, a "lemon"!!
Real witch hunt kinda stuff.
I've met Iain and seen/convoyed with this car many times, and it is lovely. I'm sure it is "hiding" a few problems. It's an eighteen year old coupe! The revolving door of problems is par for the course.

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 26/03/2018 18:49

Sounds like you know what you are getting with Iain's old Coupe, and sounds like standard FB commentary!

Good luck with the viewing thumb

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 26/03/2018 19:37

Out of interest can you post a link to the Facebook discussion?

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 26/03/2018 19:42

And it’s not just 18 year old cars that have problems, my 6yo Alfa 159 is in limp home mode needing a new high pressure fuel pump!
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 27/03/2018 06:49

Originally Posted By sharman
Originally Posted By moonie

Yeah I read the FB discusion about this, some really nasty comments.
People saying it is clocked and hiding serious problems, a "lemon"!!
Real witch hunt kinda stuff.
I've met Iain and seen/convoyed with this car many times, and it is lovely. I'm sure it is "hiding" a few problems. It's an eighteen year old coupe! The revolving door of problems is par for the course.

Well said a lot of idiots on that group
You got yourself a great car

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 27/03/2018 07:06

Fingers crossed. At the end of the day you can buy a year old car and have no idea what’s happened to it. Modern digital odometers are a doodle to “correct”.

I don’t understand the uk obsession with low mileage, as if at 100k a car turns into a pumpkin. Buy on condition.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 27/03/2018 07:22

Good luck with what should be a good buy. From what I can tell over the years reading this Forum, that car has been cherished by an enthusiast.

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 27/03/2018 08:01

Originally Posted By DavidRobot
Fingers crossed. At the end of the day you can buy a year old car and have no idea what’s happened to it. Modern digital odometers are a doodle to “correct”.

I don’t understand the uk obsession with low mileage, as if at 100k a car turns into a pumpkin. Buy on condition.

Could not agree more - or you buy something on 70K, pay more than your should, and have to sell in a year so it's not classified as 'high mileage' rolleyes
Posted By: 1200smithy

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 27/03/2018 09:08

This low mileage obsession is non-sensical! Low mileage on a 20 yr old car can mean bore and bearing wear, gunged up valves, worn injectors and coroded exhaust caused by short journeys around town to collect the shopping. Add to this sticking brake cylinders and rusty handbrake components. Oh and don't forget furry electrical conectors.
Long fast journeys, which develope proper component temperature and use with proper maintenance are the key to motoring longevity and I include the driver in this!
Posted By: sharman

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 28/03/2018 11:40

Originally Posted By 1200smithy
This low mileage obsession is non-sensical! Low mileage on a 20 yr old car can mean bore and bearing wear, gunged up valves, worn injectors and coroded exhaust caused by short journeys around town to collect the shopping. Add to this sticking brake cylinders and rusty handbrake components. Oh and don't forget furry electrical conectors.
Long fast journeys, which develope proper component temperature and use with proper maintenance are the key to motoring longevity and I include the driver in this!

Thats so true. My father was a service manager for a ford main dealer in the eighties, he told me that they had a lot of sapphire cossies that were in time and time again with engine and turbo issues. All of them were "the missus" car. Low mileage, never driven hard and the owners just didn't get it.
Being Poodled about on the school run and to the shops meant they were hardly ever on boost and rarely brought up to decent temps. It would kill them faster than any boy racer could.
Posted By: JKD

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 28/03/2018 14:07

A perfect example of irony would be this guy being put off a car on sale simply because it had high mileage.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-vehicle-mileage
Posted By: Submariner

Re: my old coupe's back up for sale - 28/03/2018 16:40

Mileage is an important factor though, especially when considering a (heavily) modified Coupe given the extra stresses on the engine, clutch, cooling system, braking et al that this Forum has debated many times.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK