Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati

Posted By: Blueboyracer

Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 02/02/2018 12:54

According to AutoIia magazine (1990's Coupes), the Coupe Fiat is 'the easiest to live with'
Posted By: JKD

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 02/02/2018 20:30

Which Alfa and Maserati models?
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 02/02/2018 21:56

Alfa GT, Alfa GTV and Masserati 3200
Posted By: respace

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 03/02/2018 08:49

I'd agree, my coupe was an everyday car for 7yrs and comparatively practical; i got adults in the rear seats, decent boot, and ok mpg. The GTV seats were ornamental, boot managed sandwiches and 14mpg, but the V6 was wonderful and handled better but as an everyday car it wasn't so easy to live with.
Posted By: JKD

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 03/02/2018 14:26

I can see why a Coop would be easier to live with than the GTV and 3200. The GTV for reasons as respace has described and the 3200, well, that is more or less like an initially quite cheap to buy supercar but with maintenance and running costs that could potentially be quite high!

But I always thought of the GT as more or less being a more reliable, more practical Fiat Coop with a better badge but not as good looking.
Posted By: Dan

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 10/02/2018 15:42

Having both a coupe and a GT until a few months ago, the GT is by far the easiest to live with. More comfortable seats, far more refined plus the benefits of having a hatchback. In my case the Fiat coupe is more reliable though.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 11/02/2018 10:48

I agree the GT seems like a slightly larger and more modern Fiat Coupe. Shame you've had issues with yours Dan, which model do you have?
Posted By: wink

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 11/02/2018 13:32

I've had the pleasure of the Coupe and the Maserati. The Maserati has now gone, but the Coupe is staying forever. Beginning to think I need an Alfa V6 though...
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 11/02/2018 21:17

Sedicivalvole's LE in the article thumb
Posted By: Dan

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 12/02/2018 13:36

Originally Posted By Gunzi
I agree the GT seems like a slightly larger and more modern Fiat Coupe. Shame you've had issues with yours Dan, which model do you have?

3.2 V6. I don't have it any more. It needed a rebuild at 29k miles less than a year after I bought it, probably due to a poor repair by the previous owner (the bearings weren't oem). It was fairly reliable for about 5 years bar a few water leaks that left me stranded but I couldn't get to the bottom of a braking issue that spoilt my enjoyment of the car.
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 19/02/2018 10:11

The GT is a spiritual successor to the Coupe IMO - it even has a model for everyone

V6 for quick
Diesel for torque and distances
NA for, er everyone else... seen these drop below £1k now
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Alfa vs Fiat vs Masserati - 19/02/2018 12:12

Originally Posted By Dan
Having both a coupe and a GT until a few months ago, the GT is by far the easiest to live with. More comfortable seats, far more refined plus the benefits of having a hatchback. In my case the Fiat coupe is more reliable though.

I also have a GT in addition to the Coupe. I agree with Dan's comment above, but in my case, the GT has been spectacularly reliable - it turned 240,000 miles last week and hasn't needed anything that a car of that mileage wouldn't have had (I've replaced the turbo, clutch, suspension and brakes, so nothing out of the ordinary). Mines the rattly old 1.9 diesel though, not the glorious Busso
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK