Fiat Coupe Club UK

Beam deflector

Posted By: klapanciusz

Beam deflector - 28/03/2017 06:45

Hi,

I'll be spending some time driving in Europe, so I'll be needing a beam deflector. Considering the unique shape of the headlights, which shape beam deflector would work and where should I place it on the lights?

thanks
k
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Beam deflector - 28/03/2017 07:02

Not sure but if you have standard bulbs I would not worry too much as the light output is dire even on full beam.
Posted By: klapanciusz

Re: Beam deflector - 28/03/2017 07:16

I know that, you know that, but my Italian/French/German is too rusty to explain that to a carabinieri/Le Gendarme de Saint-Tropez/Bundespolizei...
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Beam deflector - 28/03/2017 14:01

I put beam deflectors on for my trip to LeMans in 2015. Just get some of the stick-on cheapy jobbies from Halfords.

Alternatively, park in front of a garage door or wall, turn the headlamps on and experiment with bits of black tape to remove the section of the beam that raises towards the left - quite easy
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Beam deflector - 29/03/2017 05:58

Be sure to get it right because a pal of mine had a gun pulled on him in France for dazzling someone!
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Beam deflector - 29/03/2017 07:10

For Heaven's sake!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Beam deflector - 29/03/2017 21:31

Like, how many times do we UK road users get blinded by European visitors and our own poor misinformed/misguided drivers.
Good job our force only carry Tazers! Most of the time wink
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Beam deflector - 30/03/2017 04:42

I've always just cranked the beam to full down when I've had to drive at night on the continent. I gave up with beam blockers on the grounds that as there was only so much light to go around that stopping bits of it was unhelpful.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK