Fiat Coupe Club UK

what now?

Posted By: Anonymous

what now? - 18/01/2017 11:59

Hi, i don't post much, but i read a lot... and try to learn what here is learned by all.

four years ago, i saved this coupe from the scrap yard ... initialy just for fun, or a hobby :

click to enlarge

then i joinned a old good friend, a mechanic and in our spare time we started this, he would do it, i would research it, on this forum...
so it went like this :

from here : click to enlarge
to here: click to enlarge

all the electric wires were changed and or rebuilt :
click to enlarge click to enlarge
all the wires looms where realocated, and isolated : click to enlarge click to enlarge

all the rubber pipes also,

then we got inside : click to enlarge
to this : click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

and outside again ... click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

still not happy with it ... he got back to work :
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

all was doing fine so far ... until last december i losted my friend ... so now i have an unborn child in my arms and seem that i can't find a decent mechanic to finish the job! And i say that, because i went to 4 diferent mechanics and all different opinions about whats left and ways to solve it.

just got stuck in some interior refurb, but that i can do it myself, engine is running very good, but still not tunned, handling is not ok ( to loose and bumpy ) here i got very diferent opinions in all the mechanics grr wheels he putted 17" 245/45/17 and i found that the rear ones scrath the arches :?again... diferent solutions to my problem : one say to cut the wheel arch, other say i dont need spacers although i know i do to clear the brembos, and the last one to get higher suspension.
i think he putted 20mm spacers and with 10mm i would go ok!! click to enlarge

so really for now... i think i'll let it stay in my garage... give it a rest and hope to find a trusted mechanic to finish what my friend started.
click to enlarge

Re: what now? - 18/01/2017 13:02

looks great now
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: what now? - 18/01/2017 13:14

It looks very nice now but 245/45/17 is way too big.
You could probably get away with 225/45/17 or 215/45/17 though.

Re: what now? - 18/01/2017 13:51

sorry... its actually 225/45/17 my mistake writing it
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK