Fiat Coupe Club UK

To sell LE or not to sell?

Posted By: Loui

To sell LE or not to sell? - 21/03/2015 19:21

I'm in abit of limbo at the moment. I don't use the coupe much. It does give me pleasure when I do though. I've spent over 2k on it in the last year or so and now it needs a clutch and that's pretty much it. (Not slipping just heavy.) so that brings me to the next question shall i sell? And wats it worth as an LE with 130k?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 21/03/2015 19:57

If you can hold onto it for a bit, you will see a better return on your investment. As the clutch isn't a mechanical failure issue, leave it/put up with it. And enjoy when ever possible.
Or cash in your chips and regret selling it later wink

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 21/03/2015 20:34

How do you know it needs a clutch? Not really aware of a failure showing as just going heavy? If you have spent £2k on it recently doubt you will get that back but it should maintain its value if in overall good condition and LE/Plus' are the keepers to have IMO...
Posted By: Burbum123

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 21/03/2015 21:35

Heavy clutch pedal is a tail tail sign it wants replacing likely cause knackered pressure plate /thrust bearing in which case the box has to come off anyway .

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 21/03/2015 22:57

No,don't sell. Get the clutch done and enjoy your le when you use it. You'll not get your money back and regret selling as soon as someone drives off with it.
Posted By: Loui

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 21/03/2015 23:51

Thanks for your replies guys. Mrs told me the same thing, once it's gone I'll be looking for another one lol. I know I'm not going to get my money back that wasn't really my aim. Just worried about things packing up as it's only used once a month really. The clutch is the original from new believe it or not, doesn't really bother me though till it packs up. I just do a few extra calf exercises at the gym lol. Might be sticking around after all.

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 22/03/2015 12:56

I only use mine once a month too (and it's SORN for 4 months of the year...) but given how much fun I have when I do get around to using it, mine wouldn't be going anywhere either. Good decision!
Posted By: bruce01

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 22/03/2015 14:21

Loui, don't sell.
I agree with Metalste.
As soon as it's gone, you will regret.

Re: To sell LE or not to sell? - 23/03/2015 01:48

Just imagine watching someone else driving off in (and hearing!) your car....... Keep it if you can. You've not had it long have you? Was hoping to catch another around as my brother-in-law is in Solihull
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK