Fiat Coupe Club UK

New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi

Posted By: Anonymous

New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 12/11/2014 17:27

Hi all I'm Will from Banbury, Oxfordshire. I purchased my Sprint blue 20VT coupe Back in September with 80k on clock and part history. I fell in love with the car the moment I saw it, now from the sticker on rear window and card I found in the glove box I can see this car at some point was owned by a member on here, maybe someone at some point may know the car?.. I don't have to many big plans but a few I have carried out a few small things and have a list of things to do but like everything will take time laugh well I hope to meet up with you guys at some point.

Will
Posted By: knight7660

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 12/11/2014 17:30

Hi and welcome to the forum Will
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 12/11/2014 17:44

Hi and welcome Will - a few more clues would be useful to ascertain whose coop it was laugh

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 12/11/2014 18:43

Thank you for the warm welcome..
Well not sure where to start or what info I can give out to find out more really but Its a P reg sprint blue 20VT P935**P from around 2004 it was purchased and based in the Colchester, Essex area where some serious money was spent car lots of receipt's from Fiat dealership and PowerFiat till around 2012 when it changed hands and moved to the Basingstoke area and in June 2012 the guy who owned it then became a member here... not much to go on really

Will
Posted By: RusH

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 12/11/2014 21:11

Hi!! bye

Always good to see a new member from the Shire
Posted By: jarofjam

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 12/11/2014 21:13

Hi and welcome Will.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 13/11/2014 00:48

Hi and welcome smile
Posted By: stevo

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 13/11/2014 08:26

Hi I am also in Banbury. Can't say I have seen a blue one around here....
Posted By: Richard24

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 14/11/2014 19:18

I've seen this blue coop pull up out my place a few times, I nearly tripped over the exhaust !!! wink
Will knows what I'm talking about, thankfully he has changed the exhaust now.
Hopefully see you Sunday

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 14/11/2014 19:54

Hi and Welcome .

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 14/11/2014 20:46

Haha Rich, Yes all changed couldn't wait to get rid of that thing. HiD kit done and I spent the day cleaning and polishing the lenses and yeah what a difference thanks for that info.. Will be following Nismo's guide now for the LED rear lights wink

Thanks Nismo

Stevo hope to see you around smile Don't think you can miss mine its always parked up on Bretch by the Maisonettes

There was what looked to be a dark Matte coloured coupe I passed last month in Banbury by Texaco on the Warwick road must be someone's on here we both waved.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 14/11/2014 21:13

You have met Stevo before, black LE.
We met up with Steve to go to Stanford Hall a few years back.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 14/11/2014 21:28

Ah yeah I remember now laugh
Posted By: djmobi

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 11/03/2015 15:26

Hey, i'm from Banbury as well. Me and my mate Tim (Timo I think his username is on this site) are both Coupe owners.

I was following Stevo through town the other day, but I cant remember seeing a sprint blue recently......I will keep an eye out.

Wave if you see an Electric Blue Plus smile

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 11/03/2015 15:26

Tim's is plastidipped purple

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 11/03/2015 20:40

Hi and welcome.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 14/03/2015 17:25

Hi will,

Do have white wheels? I think I have seen about......coupe looks good

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 15/03/2015 16:16

Welcome Will - sounds like theres a few in the area - I'm only in Coventry - South Mids/Cotswolds meet? We pop down to Upton House now and again............Nice roads around Edge Hill thumb

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 15/03/2015 16:52

id be up for a local meet.....might have to come in the BMW though....Boost leak still an issue

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 15/03/2015 21:06

If I get mine put back together insured, taxed and my oil,cooler fitted I'd do another meet.
Otherwise I'll be there in the Mini instead.

I think I've seen your BMW at Spiceball car park

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 20/03/2015 21:03

I replaced my dump valve recently and it's made a massive improvement to my car. Could that be the source of your leak?

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 21/03/2015 08:07

Ive replaced the dump valve and checked the pipe work I can see easily. Putting a boost gauge on today to help diagnose.

Although I have a new hard intake pipe coming next week so I cant test it till then anyway

Any other boost leak advice would be helpful
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 21/03/2015 10:22

There's a quick test you can do to check the boost pipe from the turbo to the throttle body.

Remove the pipe off the bottom of the turbo and blank it off with something like a spray can and a jubilee clip.

Start the engine on the key, this will run for a few seconds and then stall as it'll suck all the air out of the induction pipe work. You'll also see all the rubber pipes collapse under vacuum, if there's a boost leak the pipes will pop back to there normal shape straight away and you'll hear the 'suck' showing where the leak is.

If they stay collapsed for 5-6 seconds all pipe work from the turbo to the throttle body is sound.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 22/03/2015 10:38

Cheers cc that's brilliant.... I'll give it a go today

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 28/03/2015 22:16

Hello Banbury folk smile

I'm going to have my dads old coupe but I seem to recall the guy who used to service the car has been saying a while that the cam belt needs doing. The old mechanic has just retired. Do you know anyone in the Banbury area who to recommend to do the cam belt, and what sort of price to look at please.
Thanks
Ps dads car is an S reg 2.0 20v

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 29/03/2015 16:43

I always take mine to Solo italia in Witney mate

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 29/03/2015 17:16

I saw a silver 20v turbo in Banbury in the week. Many one know who that was?

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 29/03/2015 17:46

There is a Steel Grey20vt on the Easington Road, probably the the same guy.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 29/03/2015 21:23

Originally Posted By: djmobi

Cheers, do they take the engine out etc to change the cam belt? I've found pwk in dads stuff that shows can belt 2 yrs out of date! I'd sooner do it as nr to Banbury as possible as I'm a bit concerned the belt will go as soon as I start driving it.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 29/03/2015 22:35

Originally Posted By: djmobi

Hello, thanks for the reply. I thought I'd already replied once. I've found stuff in my dads pwk saying cambelt overdue in 2013 so I'm a bit nervous at driving it far from Banbury for cambelt work. What sort of price do they charge in Witney please? Thanks
Posted By: Gaz

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 30/03/2015 20:34

£350+vat for cambelt change

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 30/03/2015 20:53

Cheers, I shall ring tomorrow.
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 31/03/2015 02:49

If you are worried about driving it, Solo Italia can arrange collection on a lorry - they did this for me from Newbury when my Coupe was not driveable. Would be worth it rather than risk losing the entire engine. They are at Eynsham. Here is the phone number: 01865 881010. They have always done splendid work on both my Coupes, would really recommend.

Re: New Member in Banbury thought I would say Hi - 31/03/2015 07:28

Brilliant. Thanks for that, I am a bit worried that my dad will have driven it for ages with cambelt overdue then I will get in and it will go 1 mile later!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK