Fiat Coupe Club UK

F***ing low life scum!!

Posted By: Theresa

F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 01:32

This was done to my Coupe last night (Wednesday night) cry

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

I finish work at midnight and it's obviously dark, so I didn't notice the damage until I was going out to my second job this morning (Thursday morning) about 9.20am.

I didn't react as I didn't know if it had been done on my driveway overnight and didn't want to give someone the satisfaction.

Drove to work absolutely gutted with loads of stuff running through my mind.
Got to work and had a proper look, rang the police and then security at my evening job.

Police have been very good and forensics have been out and found some prints. They've also taken all my prints, just to make sure the ones they've found aren't mine.
Unfortunately, although there's cctv at my place of work,it doesn't cover where I park.

To rule out any overnight damage at my house, I spent the spare 3 hours I had between jobs checking through all my cctv and the only activity near my car was a hedgehog at 5.15am laugh
So, it confirms it was done between 6pm and midnight at my workplace frown

If they'd just done the drivers door, I'd have been annoyed, but that's easily sorted (thanks to Jbt who has already offered me a replacement).
It's the rear quarter that's really f***ed me off grr

No other cars were targeted, just mine grr

Here's a few pics with all the black fingerprint dust stuff on:

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 01:36

That is bloody heartbreaking!! What gets into these idiots minds I really can't understand i really can't other than pure jealousy...
don't suppose youv split frm an ex recently?? Always a Lickey suspect!! Lol sorry just trying to make you smile! Lol

all best...clive

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 01:47

Lol, cheers Clive laugh

No, no splits from anyone for many years, so if they've held a grudge, it's been a very long time laugh
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 01:50

Bugger. frown
Are you absolutely positive it wasn't the hedgehog? May have been revenge for you running over one of his friends...

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 02:00

I slowed the cctv down, just to make sure the hedgehog hadn't done it, but he was oblivious to what had happened and had continued his journey across the driveway laugh

I hope and don't think I've knocked down one of his friends in the Coupe, I slow down for animals, it's just local kids on the streets who won't get out of the way that I aim for laugh
Posted By: H_R

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 02:22

Plenty of tossbags around they probably couldnt of done a worst job if they tried! absolutely gutted for you! it really pisses me off that people do this to somebodys property
I hope they get caught!

Im currently driving around in a brand new 64 plate (its a hire car but they probably wouldnt know that) been keyed down the side already scrotes! and just after i have put my car in for a respray thats another paranoia thats going to start when i get it back!

best be on your best behaviour now then, now the police have your prints! laugh

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 02:28

Snap my coupes in for near on a full respray after some kind sole put a nasty scrape on my passenger door and quarter!! Grrrr so im in on the paranoia game!!! Lol

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 02:36

I hope they get caught too H_R, but I'm not holding my breath frown

Sorry to read about your hire car too frown

As much as people piss me off (such as people parking in front of my drive, etc), I could never go out and cause any sort of damage to a vehicle (I plot and plan what I'd like to do though lol laugh ).

Yeah, that's my dilemma now. Do I claim through the insurance for a respray and be even more paranoid about where I park, or just fix it up and not care any more and just park in normal spaces with normal people who like to bash f**k out of your car grr

To be honest, over the years, I've often expected a long 'jealousy' scratch down the side, due to the car looking like it does and no doubt I piss people off taking two car spaces, but the damage this person has done to my car takes the piss grr frown

I didn't mind the police taking my prints, I'm a good girl anyway and it was a nice hand fondling experience laugh

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 02:41

Sorry to hear this Theresa, Most likely some jealous scrote. I bet your wounded.

My Supra got 1 4inch key mark on the rear quarter the day after it came out with a respray. Hope the cops get'em.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 02:56

Gutted for you T , I do hope they find the shits that did this and make them pay frown

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 06:24

Bad news t. Hopefully they are known and not just stupid kids.

They don't look too deep, I'm sure it'll improve with some good ol' elbow grease!
Posted By: barnacle

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 06:34

Real shame, T. Anything I can do?
Posted By: Nigel

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 06:57

Gutted for you T

Are the scratches just in the clearcoat? I may be able to get them out if they are relatively light - if not, I should be able to make them look a lot better

Let me know if you want me to have a go at it - I'm around on Sunday and I'm not too far from you (about 10 miles less than you drove to the AGM)

Edit - just had a closer look at the photos - through to the primer by the look of it cry

I should still be able to make it look better though....

Posted By: Mark_S

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 07:43

Sad to see that criminal damage. If you change the door and just need to get rear quarter sprayed, that would keep cost reasonable, to the point where I'd think it worth not making a claim. Best of luck.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 07:53

Really gutted for you T frown

I hope plod catch the scum who did that.

Once you get it sorted, if possible, park in range of the CCTV at work.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 08:04

Heartbreaking T.

Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 08:25

Complete arseholes grr absolutely no need. That car is your pride and joy, and like me you don't have that much wonga, you just work damn hard so you can (just about afford) a car that you can enjoy. I'm always worrying this will happen to me. If I can do anything T let me know, I'd be pleased to help. I'm not down for hedgehog torture though! laugh
Posted By: one4seven

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 08:43

That is so sad to see, feel for you T.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 08:58

Originally Posted By: Theresa

Sorry to read about your hire car too frown

Im really annoyed and gutted it happened, but its a hire car, and being paid for by work so its not going to send me over the edge just yet! silly
Last night it got mauled by a heard of bulls so its all sticky too now! dont think they dented it they were just doing a bit of window licking lick lick silly

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 09:48

Gutted for you, i use a camcorder when i park mine up in my communal flats car park when at home and have one of those HD recording cameras for driving when i'm out and about. Also hanging out my kitchen window having a fag , with the coop in view, in the evenings, sort of puts people off too !!
Hope they catch the little scroats, probably just get a ticking off in this day and age !
Bring back Dixon ......
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 10:49

What a tosser why people do these things is beyond me .
Hope they find out who did this and name them to you. grr
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 11:20

Have you pissed someone off at work?
That looks like it took a while to do and in no way a random attack!
Posted By: Rob40

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 14:36

So sorry T. Words fail me, although baseball bat and dark alley do spring to mind!

This goes beyond criminal damage and no amount of grievance should amount to this kind of behaviour. I seriously doubt you would have upset someone so much that they would resort to keying your car.
Posted By: ioksotot

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 16:02

Sorry to hear this T frown
Insurance will probably write your car off with this damage, if you're getting a door off John a good bodyshop will be able to cut in the rear quarter for a couple of hundred quid at the most.
Doesn't stop the urges for murdering the little scrotes though! smile
Posted By: came2dance

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 16:14

Sad news T. Definitely deliberate great' scrotes!Absolutely pointless damage. I would have thought it better to paint the door and rear panel rather then swap the door. Though if Johns giving you a door you could always ebay it to help pay for the paint lol. John knows a good painter too. Made a cracking job of my rear panel when I scraped it smile

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 16:32

Thanks for all your nice comments and offers of help and lol @ pinin laugh

Yes, the majority is definately through to primer and some to the metal frown

I quickly washed the fingerprint stuff off today, but some won't come off - as if it's soaked into the paint.

I'll have a go at tidying it up tomorrow and see how it goes.

As Rob says, it's unlikely I've pissed anyone off enough to do that damage to my car, but who knows?

Popped to Asda quickly earlier for some shopping and still parked at the back of the car park, over two spaces to try and protect the car rolleyes laugh

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 16:40

Sorry to see this T. At different times, I've had four different Coupés vandalized, though none quite as badly as yours. Makes you feel sick to the stomach. Like others have said, hope they catch the culprit and make them pay.

Worse case scenario, use some sprint blue rattle cans after flattening all the scratches. You'll still be able to get a decent finish.

Gutted for you though. A few weeks ago, some idiot walking past my Broomy and Inky (probably drunk) bent back both car's driver side wing mirrors, damaging both. Makes you sick, don't it! )-:

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 16:51

Really sorry to hear about the damage to your sprinty T.

The wee wanks who did this couldn't have known you, they would know what a nice person you are and what your coupe means to you.

All the best with the repairs T and again as many others have said if there is anything I can do just let me know

Xx

Btw I'm up for a bit of hedgehog bashing.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 17:58

Sorry to see this T. Even sadder done to a Sprinty grr
Posted By: RusH

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 18:01

It's the feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see this sort of thing on your car. Gutted for you :-(

My bet is it was just a bit of random vandalism.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 19:27

Theresa, genuinely feel for you. I can only echo others on here. Nothing I could say would make the tiniest difference of how you feel, but I do know how the mind works, over time & everyone is a suspect, been there.

Hope you can turn around your coop & make it shiny again.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 19:46

Omg shocked

Shite, that's seriously out of order so I hope they catch the cloud9 that did this T.

If I can help at do please give me a shout.
Posted By: pault69

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 20:38

Theresa, I can only echo the comments on here! Hope the mindless idiots get caught but more importantly you get your car looking tip top again!
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 22:52

Hi Theresa, as others have said, that's unbelievable!
Hope you get it sorted soon and the equilibrium of life is restored.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 26/09/2014 23:08

T that's horrendous, just caught up on it grr

As I found today generosity of spirit reigns strong in this community and I hope this will help in some way, esp. with offers that have been pouring in.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 01:18

Thanks all, much appreciated. I still feel gutted and especially not knowing if it's a grudge or random attack.

People have been quite shocked as to how calm I've been about it really lol laugh

If I'd caught them in the act, I'd have killed them, but if you just come out and see it like that, it's more a feeling of anger, disappointment and dispair. I have no culprit to aim my anger at frown

My workplace in the evenings is a hospital and people have been telling me that gypsies have been hanging around since Monday as one of them is on the labour ward (they often congregate in large groups at the hospital when one of them is there).
I don't want to discriminate or catorgorise, etc., but it's a possiblity it could have been one of them.
I don't think I'll ever find out who it was though frown

I remembered earlier that a local lad in a Sprinty followed me into the hospital car park one night, a few months ago, asking me if I needed any parts, as he would be breaking his once he put the engine in a Doblo cool laugh
We swapped phone numbers, so I'm going to text him later and see if he still has the shell or any parts left.
If he has a drivers door, it'll be easier than going to Jbt's to get one laugh

I'll ask him if he knows much about hedgehogs as well laugh
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 05:23

I read this last night T, but wasn't sure what to say. It's strange how each time I opened the pictures, it gave me that horrible sickly feeling in my stomach.
I just don't understand the mentality of this? Fair enough a jealous kid walking past a car and running his key along the side but this looks like a 5 year old coloring in a wall with a set of crayons!

You're calm now but my guess is you're still in shock. I remember when my sprinty was done, I wanted to sleep in the bushes next to the car and attack anyone who even looked at it.

Is it pssible to show someone at work the damage and ask them to install a camera looking at the carpark?

Don't lose heart T, get her fixed up and looking A1 again, it's the only thing you can do apart from buying a gun and sleeping in the car.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 08:35

Gutted for you...it's's fixable and you're not hurt or ill.

I do think that this is a grudge it's not a simple criminal damage to a car maybe one or two scrapes as a jealous/pissed person walks by..that damage would of taken time and effort it's over the top and premeditated.
Posted By: jame5

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 08:46

Total a***holes! The ultimate act of cowardly spitefulness. Stuff like this makes me paranoid about leaving my coupe anywhere. Gutted for you T, hope you get it sorted, maybe a chips away type company may be able to repair it without a respray.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 09:19

Thanks all, much appreciated. I still feel gutted and especially not knowing if it's a grudge or random attack.

People have been quite shocked as to how calm I've been about it really lol laugh

If I'd caught them in the act, I'd have killed them, but if you just come out and see it like that, it's more a feeling of anger, disappointment and dispair. I have no culprit to aim my anger at frown

My workplace in the evenings is a hospital and people have been telling me that gypsies have been hanging around since Monday as one of them is on the labour ward (they often congregate in large groups at the hospital when one of them is there).
I don't want to discriminate or catorgorise, etc., but it's a possiblity it could have been one of them.
I don't think I'll ever find out who it was though frown

I remembered earlier that a local lad in a Sprinty followed me into the hospital car park one night, a few months ago, asking me if I needed any parts, as he would be breaking his once he put the engine in a Doblo cool laugh
We swapped phone numbers, so I'm going to text him later and see if he still has the shell or any parts left.
If he has a drivers door, it'll be easier than going to Jbt's to get one laugh

I'll ask him if he knows much about hedgehogs as well laugh

Call in Top Gear...you know how much they hate caravans ! Good luck with whatever means of repair avenue you go down..feel for u .

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 09:21

Really feel for you T - so sorry to see that....... Absolute Idiots. Hope you get it all sorted.
Posted By: bruce01

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 18:46

Gutted for you T!!! I would be so demoralised with the world if that happened to me!!!

Glad to see you still have a sense of humour smile
Posted By: Trappy

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 19:00

Leighton told me he was tuning a 20v Turbo engined Doblo recently...

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/09/2014 20:47

Could be the same one Trappy. The lads name is Simon.

I text him today, but unfortunately the coupe has now gone to the scrapyard frown

He said the Doblo is going well laugh
Posted By: t0m0

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 28/09/2014 11:04

Don't assume its anyone, i have heard of issues where a chaps(car rep) car would get repeatedly keyed and he thought it was all these dodgy people ie the usual suspects but it turned out to be a jealous neighbour after the dealership had a hidden camera fitted to the car.

Can you get a chips away guy, i know these are not as good as a respray and discolour a bit over time but its a lot cheaper and you don't know if this will happen again. I would wait and see how this unfolds. Also if this is the original door it will have been lined up by the factory and they all vary and new doors that are added after can have very different panel gaps, so i would try to keep it.

About 5 years ago there was a chap on here who something very similar happened to on his yellow coop and he had a chips away guy who did a very good temporary fix.

Hope life gives you a lift soon.

Tom.
Posted By: Darlo_Nick

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 28/09/2014 20:12

Gutted for you Theresa! Hope you get it all sorted soon!
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 29/09/2014 06:52

:-( x

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 29/09/2014 12:41

there is some nasty people in the world... i hope they get there comeuppance.

dunno if there is any milage in it.... try car sos or similar type of tv program to ask them for help ?

nothing ventured nothing gained.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 29/09/2014 22:24

Sorry to read this T. Having been the victim of a 'hit and run' on my passengers door recently I can sympathise. Hope you can get it sorted quickly.
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 29/09/2014 22:35

Just can't imagine how you must be feeling:( hope you can get it sorted ok.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 30/09/2014 10:06

Such a shame to see this. It was obviously an attack on you / your car, I just hope that they get their comeuppance!
Posted By: magooagain

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 30/09/2014 11:52

Sorry to read this T. I hope you can get sorted asap mate.
Posted By: klapanciusz

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 30/09/2014 12:37

I hope you can get it fixed good as new. And whoever did it will die alone after a short, miserable life.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 02/10/2014 23:03

Gutted for you T cry
Posted By: JKD

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 03/10/2014 16:10

I've just seen this thread now. Really sorry to hear about this Theresa. frown

I hope it all gets sorted out for you! smile

And now, to hopefully provide you with a cathartic release for your anger.

I want you to imagine that you have found out who scratched your Coop... oh and also that you are famous Hollywood actor Mr Ray Liotta...

Not safe for work!

(Please please please don't be inspired to become a gun wielding maniac! laugh )

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 17:28

Quick update:

Just had a phone call:

Csi have got the prints off someone they are going to arrest cool

Unless they admit it, I doubt anything else will come of it, but I'm glad they are going to be arrested and have their day ruined laugh

I need to go and make a quick statement, regarding where the Coupe was parked and when I noticed the damage, etc.

Will be good if something comes of it, but even if not, hopefully, if they do it again to someone elses car and get evidence, the police will be able to link them to mine too smile
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 17:30

Great news T, fingers crossed they get a confession.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 17:51

maybe we should offer our help in extracting a confession from said individual laugh

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 18:00

Lol, I'll mention that when I go and do the statement tomorrow laugh
Posted By: dibbers

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 18:00

good news, but a horrible "glass half empty" warning from me, my first thought sadly; if they have been caught with matching prints, but the police are powerless to take serious action (IE lack of evidence or CPS interference), i would be extremely cautious for the following few weeks, as this scrote will assume they are untouchable, and as such, may return for another go.

they may not ever cross your car again, but i would always be thinking that "how dare you report me" is the attitude of such scum.

nevertheless, great news as above - i am always however erring on caution.

oh, and of course, lovely coupe :-)

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 18:06

Originally Posted By: dibbers
"how dare you report me"

Oh my god Was it you Dibbers! shocked

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 18:09

Thanks dibbers and yes, I know what you mean frown

It's the reason I haven't rang the insurance about it or got quotes for the repair frown

I've had the machine polisher and touch up paint out and it looks a lot better, but that's as far as it'll be going for now.
Posted By: dibbers

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 19:36

ha ha yes very funny rich crazy of course the quotation shouldve read "how darest you report one" tongue

my first thought t was to be negative, sorry, but it truely is a sign of the times, trust me, i have seen enough individuals like this grr
Posted By: Baz76

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 21:31

Just noticed this post T frown I'd be cloud9 raging furious . Hope they get their suspect and find out what their motive was (and obviously throw the book at them).

Baz smile

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 22:09

Gutted for you T
If i can help, i know a guy who knows a guy that can make people disappear. And no its not a joke. Militairy connection do come in handy from time t time tongue

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 07/10/2014 22:50

Main reason I'm considering not having my recently purchased wine red coupe sprayed (has a fair few dinks) there are just too many nobs about these days. 30 seconds to ruin hundreds of pounds worth of work. Sad to see what they have done to your beautiful coupe, hopefully you can bring it back fairly cheap.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 08/10/2014 15:43

The car is covered by security cameras at home, can you park it somewhere safe at work which is covered by a camera?

My RS5 has been scratched by some little shit here, looks like they sat on the bonnet with jeans or shorts that had metal buttons on the back pockets, there is also always greasy hand prints all over it where people just seem to want to piss me off by touching it.

I've installed one of these in the ducting above my parking space to see who's doing it:
http://www.spycameracctv.com/spycamera/invisible-ir-nightvision-hunting-cctv-camera

I've been lucky in that the scratches only seem to have gone through the gtechniq sealant so can be polished out but when I catch the pricks on video, I'm still going make their life hell.

An Indian lady keyed my Scirocco last year, I caught her and gave her the option of paying for the repair or I go to the police and she faces being deported.

I feel for you T, it's a shit situation and I really hope the police don't just agrivate this piece of detritus into doing the same again.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 08/10/2014 23:02

Hope the cops can help, but even if the culprit admits it they'll likely get a slap on the wrist and won't have any money to go after to cover a repair. Hope you get it sorted anyway, one way or another.

At least they didn't do this to it:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/08/vandal-paints-penis-on-1-5-million-bugatti-veyron-4897317/

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 09/10/2014 00:55

I'd be just as gutted as that Bugatti owner Graham, if they did it to my Coupe.
I don't care what the car is, even an old shed of car which is probably someones only means of transport or something like that Bugatti, people should learn to keep away from other peoples' property grr

Doesn't sound like you've had much luck with your cars either Jimbo frown
Did the Indian lady give you a reason as to why she felt the need to key your Scirocco?

Apparently 3 areas covered by cameras at work are only working for viewing at the moment and aren't recording rolleyes
Even if they were working though and I managed to find a space when I got to work, the car would end up on it's own by midnight and I also don't fancy the walk across the darkish car parks at midnight.
There's strange people everywhere in the world, but you meet a fair few wandering around at all hours when you work at a hospital laugh

After speaking to the policeman based in the A&E department of the hospital tonight, I'm more reassured that it was a random attack on my car.
The person who's damaged my car is known to the police and was in the A&E department and talking to the PC the night my car was damaged. The PC said he later saw him waiting at the bus stop.
To get to the bus stop from A&E, he would have walked past where my car was.

I've done my statement now and they'll go and arrest him (don't know when).
Will just have to wait and see what, if anything, happens now.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 09/10/2014 08:32

Was very sad to see this Theresa. I hope you can put the incident behind you, but, was the glass damaged?
If not there is a silver lining right there.

When I bought my car it broke down at Cardiff services - after the engine mount failed and a pipe fell off.

I parked the car out of the way and went to get some water as hot day. When I returned two children were being instructed by their parents on the best way to kick the drivers door - still has a dent or two.

The next day I had to leave car at work and the bootlid was keyed.
First time I have mentioned this but I am still bemused as to who these people think they are. Violence is wrong I suppose but hands cut off for first offence seems about right.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 10/10/2014 05:37

Doesn't sound like you've had much luck with your cars either Jimbo frown
Did the Indian lady give you a reason as to why she felt the need to key your Scirocco?

She was flippin mental!!

I live in an apartment complex where we all have allocated parking spaces, the mental lady decided she preferred my parking space (it's a parking space all on its own away from other cars and near to the access door for the lift).
Her car had sat there for a few days so I left a polite note on the car and raised one windscreen wiper on the front of her car. I also took a picture of her car in the parking space and of her license plate.
Little did I know at the time but that was an act of war!!

The next day her car had moved so I parked mine back in its designated space.

The following morning I got out of the lift to go to work only to be met with all my wiper blades folded up, my wing mirrors folded forward and a key scratch across the back bumper.

It was pretty obvious who had done the damage so I found her car in the basement and again left her a note informing her of the vandalism she had caused and the fact that in her rage she had failed to spot the 4 security cameras in the car park all pointing towards my car. I left my phone number and a 24 hour ultimatum to contact me or I take the camera footage to the police.

The phone call was almost like talking to Taz the Tasmanian Devil on speed, lots of gnashing of teeth and screaming.
I just stayed calm and told her to meet me at the car that evening.

This is where I lied a little, I told her I had the footage from the camera, I didn't, the cameras belong to a hotel who wouldn't release it without the police but I tried my luck.
She came out with several bullsh*t excuses but as I kept reminding her, vandalism is vandalism and now she has to answer for her action and pay for the repair or face the consequences of dealing with the Dubai Police.

She agreed to pay for the repair smile

The Audi's scratches don't look malicious, just looks like someone decided to lean against the car whilst making a phone call or chatting to a friend, unfortunately something metal has marked the car, what can you do? I've ordered an indoor cover and I'm putting the camera up the roof of the carpark to watch what happens, it can't prevent damage but it can help catch the [cloud9] that cause it.

Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 15/10/2014 19:16

Really feel for you Theresa. My coupe has jealousy scratches all over, I've never got them sorted in case they just do it again when they see the shiny new paintwork.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 15/10/2014 20:51

Hi T gutted for you. It's sad to hear as you have a nice motor no matter of make and it gets treated like that by some low life.

If there's any thing I can do to help just let me know.

Maybe a Fccuk polishing meet lol.

Proccy owes you some free labour from changing his wheels last time you was at spa lol.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 09:15

Quick update on this:

The copper based at my work rang me last night to let me know what was happening.

I'd assumed it was a male that did the damage to my car, but it turns out it was a female.

They'd arrested her and although she's admitted being at the hospital and in the area that night and that she was drunk, her solicitor has told her to say that due to being drunk, she may have fallen/stumbled into my car rolleyes grr

So, that's it now, that's as far as it goes frown
Posted By: Begbie

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 09:26

Fallen / stumble? Was there a massive patch of ice around the car, that they were that pissed they couldn't stand up and kept falling over into your car? grr cry
Posted By: lost55

She was drunk so what? She still caused the damage. Cant you sue her through the small claims court?
Posted By: szkom

Surely that can't be all? I hope that she's getting charged for something. Drunk or not the damage was caused.

I'm really sorry to hear the outcome. I hope you can at least repair the damage cheap enough.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 09:38

There's no proof she actually vandalised the car frown

She's saying her prints are on the car due to being drunk and stumbling into the car on the way past it.

The police and I all know it's bullshit, but nothing more can be done unless someone saw it happen or if cctv was covering the area and recorded her doing it.
Posted By: Carlscott

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 09:38

Fallen and stumbled 6 or 7 times up and down the car?

Just hope she has previous convictions and will be taken to court

If the magistrates have any common sense they will dismiss that and have her done for criminal damage.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 10:27

I once knocked a car wing mirror off a Ford Fiesta as I simply brushed passed it.
I was drunk, the car was pretty knackered anyway and belonged to the brother of a school friend.
Amazingly, about 5 minutes later I was arrested taken to the police station, and then charged. I also walked into several doors while in custody. wink
I think the fine was 70 quid.
I`m not sure if the world has changed for the better or worse since this time.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 14:12

Originally Posted By: Begbie
Fallen / stumble? Was there a massive patch of ice around the car, that they were that pissed they couldn't stand up and kept falling over into your car? grr cry

I think the police mean that's why her prints are on the car, not the damage.

Sickening blow though T frown

Not sure if you believe in karma, I do, and I'm absolutely sure it will catch up with her.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 27/10/2014 16:03

maybe you need to get drunk and slip, thus accidentally throwing a petrol bomb in her house ?

... if it makes you feel better some low life scum has fired an air rifle at my car and dented the boot as well as putting a hole in the £190 car cover... this is my reward for working hard and spending nearly 3 months away bar about 4 days.

if i find out who did it, then i will sort it out my way as PC plod won't do anything... thinking along the lines of using there face to panel beat the shape back as it should be.

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 28/10/2014 00:34

Sorry to read about your car too Chris shocked frown

I told the copper that if I found out who did my car, I'd kill her and he just said he'd pretend he didn't hear that laugh
Posted By: Dill

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 28/10/2014 21:28

That's utter sh*te Theresa! I had mine keyed the whole,length of drivers side by some scumbag in Glasgow where used to live, I'd got,out the coop and some shifty bloke was stood outside his door looking at it as I walked away, pal,of mine saw him from his flat window walk up and key the side and literally phoned me straight away...went straight back round to where car parked, knew where the scumbag even lived, with witness and reported staright away to,police who did absolutely nothing...NOTHING...so I'm amazed how great your local bobbies are compared to Strathclyde police on south side of Glasgow!!;-)
Hope you sort it...the mentality of some people just makes my blood boil!!;-)

Re: F***ing low life scum!! - 29/10/2014 00:29

Sorry to read about your car too Dill frown I'm surprised the police didn't do anything for you, especially as you had a witness.

All I needed was cctv or a witness and the woman would be in court for criminal damage to mine. North Wales police aren't too bad and have been very good regarding what was done to my car and I feel their frustration in not being able to take this further.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK