Fiat Coupe Club UK

well listen to this

Posted By: Anonymous

well listen to this - 11/08/2014 16:14

having sold one of my coupes 3 weeks ago the women is on the phone demanding £300 back.My father inlaw dealt with the sale as I was working he let them drive the car and in his words they booted the car and he had to tell them to slow down.Now after 3 weeks they say the clutch is slipping well theres a surprise.To make matters worse I sold the car for £1300 which I don't think is a lot but surprise surprise about 1 week ago I seen the coupe back up for sale on gumtree for £2000 along with a yellow 16v coupe for £1500.There was no mention of the yellow coupe they had when buying mine therefor maybe a trader.According to the women her daughter is a member on here so we will see if she replys or not.i have sold and bought many cars privately and as far as im concerned sold as seen.I bought a coupe last year with a smokey turbo I did not phone the guy back complaining about a refund.I suppose I live in the real world

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 16:26

Private sale - sold as seen, it was fine at the time, they agreed to the sale (car was fit for purpose).

Clutch slip is wear and tear (an annoying one), almost like them saying they want £200 back for new tyres that the car has eaten through during their 3 week ownership.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a headache for you.

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 16:35

It wont turn into no headache I am not a trader therefor not liable for any wear and tear in the past 3 weeks clutch certainly wasn't slipping when I sold it and I drove it the night before it was sold
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 16:48

Yes after 3 weeks they could have taken it to Turkey and back or spun it round Knockhill every other day. Ridiculous chancers rolleyes
There are only two female members on here that I know of, one I met at Hill of Tarvit and the other (in Falkirk) I've been in touch with - they don't sound like contenders.

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 16:58

The women told me before she put the phone down on me that she was bringing the car back to me tomorrow and putting the keys in my letter box.I hope she does she is not getting any refund so it will be a coupe for nothing

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 18:00

For goodness' sake.

Will there be someone around to witness this proposed act tomorrow?

You have her details anyway from the change of ownership paperwork.

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 18:21

keep the keys and apply for the v5 document from dvla , that will teach her a lesson lol.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 18:36

There are only two female members on here that I know of, one I met at Hill of Tarvit and the other (in Falkirk) I've been in touch with - they don't sound like contenders. [/quote]

Oh dear! Miss T will be along later to dish out your punishment.

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 20:03

Originally Posted By: magooagain

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh
There are only two female members on here that I know of, one I met at Hill of Tarvit and the other (in Falkirk) I've been in touch with - they don't sound like contenders.

Oh dear! Miss T will be along later to dish out your punishment.

laugh as usual I missed out the important bit - I meant "north of the border"!

However if it's T dishing out punishment I've no objection laugh

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 20:22

What good will putting keys in your letter box do?

Some really crazy people around!
Posted By: szkom

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 20:29

Call me a cynic, but the "putting keys through your letter box" smacks of trying to make it look like you've agreed to a refund.

I'd be keeping a log of all the events. Perhaps also respond and state that the return of the keys and vehicle will be considered relinquishment of ownership.
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 20:39

Originally Posted By: szkom
Perhaps also respond and state that the return of the keys and vehicle will be considered relinquishment of ownership.

Would they read that as agreement to a full refund though?
I would accept the return of the vehicle and offer a part refund, less the cost of the clutch they've trashed.
Posted By: szkom

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 20:44

It would need more words around it, but I think it's one of those times that you need to very clear and final in stating your position so you can draw a line. Obviously with words far better than my own laugh

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 21:11

cos she has only had car for 3 weeks,county claims court would probably make you pay the cost of replacement clutch,

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 21:25

What annoys me most is the fact they had it up for sale at £2000 2 weeks after buying it from me.What do they want me to fund there profit cheeky b`s.As far as a refund they can jog on
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 22:10

thats abit out of order. she knew full well what shed be getting, like everyone else has said, she could of thrashed it in the 3 weeks. some people clearly dont live on planet earth.

i bought an alfa 156 2.4 jtd from a garage, before my first coupe and on the day driving it home( i did test drive it the day before)the turbo was completely seized on the exhaust side, but i got it so cheap i really wasnt that bothered and again it was Sold as seen. i didnt demand a refund thats for sure.

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 22:53

I'm not sure how much teeth they these days but it might be worth having a chat with Citizens' Advice to gen yourself up on your legal rights. It might save you from becoming entangled in what sounds rather shady and at worst possibly threatening.
Posted By: Cappo

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 23:35

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh
I'm not sure how much teeth they these days but it might be worth having a chat with Citizens' Advice to gen yourself up on your legal rights. It might save you from becoming entangled in what sounds rather shady and at worst possibly threatening.

No need. As long as you did not misrepresent the car in any way at the time of sale, and you're not a trader, tell them once and for all, politely, that you are no longer liable for any aspect of the car or the transaction, and that you will ignore ALL further communication. And make sure you do. That is the entire start and end of your responsibility. Don't buckle and respond, they will think you are weakening and push harder.

I recently sold a car through ebay (£3k Fiesta). Buyer turned out to be a small-time trader. He bought it unseen and had it collected, then tried to tell me it needed £600 of bodywork due to badly-repaired accident damage. I wasn't aware of any damage or any history of any. Told him this and declined his kind offer of refunding him £600 and that I wouldn't respond to any further correspondence. Never heard another peep. Just trying it on, as some people don't know their rights and would roll over.
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: well listen to this - 11/08/2014 23:58

crikey have you ever been to the Citizen's Advice?

I can't think of an issue they could actually definitively help you with in the real world. (mabey that's unkind, but it's my experience)

sounds like the people your dealing with are professional scammers

I read through a one month 'warranty' before I bought the 20V. Got it back, had to replace the radiator, water pump, cabin heater matrix, thermostat... I NEVER thought- "hangon I'll give those people a phone and see what I can get them to pay for" because I knew it wouldn't be worth anything- it was a photocopy! Common Sense!

and you offered them good faith and this is how it comes back?

a classic scenario but as Cappo says, they know what they are doing...

Re: well listen to this - 12/08/2014 18:53

well latest update got phone call today saying they were bringing car back would I have there £1300 I replied no.Then I went on to ask her about there advert on gumtree offering the car at £2000 along with a 16v yellow one at £1500 and asked if she was some kind of trader.Surprise surprise she doesn't have a yellow 16v and did not advertise my old one even though it registration plate was on full view.Then she started raising her voice so I terminated phone call
Posted By: H_R

Re: well listen to this - 12/08/2014 20:53

Just thinking that advert may be handy to have if you have a copy as it could confirm their opinion of the car after purchasing from you and presumably they thought it was really good as it was up for more money
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: well listen to this - 12/08/2014 20:58

Maybe she is a trader who doesn't declare earnings from buying and selling. Threaten to report her to inland revenue and she might crawl back under her stone.

Re: well listen to this - 13/08/2014 14:34

I agree let her take you to court then show the judge the advert - she will have no chance!

Re: well listen to this - 13/08/2014 14:54

wonder if they will deny having the car at all when all the speeding fines come through judging what these people sound to be like....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK