Fiat Coupe Club UK

ebay le

Posted By: alexjames

ebay le - 08/07/2014 17:41

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281380581543&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

Anybodys on here?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ebay le - 09/07/2014 10:57

not on the register!

Re: ebay le - 09/07/2014 11:20

Looks good, not sure about the Torsen LSD claim though.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: ebay le - 09/07/2014 11:51

WHY DOES HE NEED TO SHOUT, IT WON'T HELP SELL THE CAR! banghead
Posted By: lost55

Re: ebay le - 09/07/2014 17:55

Originally Posted By: GrahamL
Looks good, not sure about the Torsen LSD claim though.

Didn't Torsen make the early viscous drives for Range Rovers? If so maybe he's just assumed that the Coupe visco drives are made by Torsen. Who does make the Fiat visco units though?

If its as good as it looks, it seems undervalued to me.

Re: ebay le - 10/07/2014 12:19

Originally Posted By: Countrycruising
WHY DOES HE NEED TO SHOUT, IT WON'T HELP SELL THE CAR! banghead
I agree, as soon as I see that, I go to the next ad! Stunning example though, nearly as nice as mine laugh

Re: ebay le - 10/07/2014 22:15

No pics of the drivers seat though chinny
Looks tidy, someone will hopefully buy it and become one of us wink
Posted By: Loui

LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 10/07/2014 22:36

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-COUPE-20V...=item418396f0a7

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 10/07/2014 22:46

No, not known.
Repost from Buying Advice too wink

Nice car, excellent colour too laugh
Posted By: Submariner

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 09:57

Always love the picture of the back seats and none of the front. Wonder who has been working on it, be interested to know. Shot of the engine bay would be good, if I was local I would definitely have a butchers.

Good real world price too.

Oh and a look at the near side of the car too..........hmmmm
Posted By: Carlscott

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 10:12

Am I the only one who thinks the red and black leather look terrible on all the LE's apart from the black ones rolleyes
Posted By: RusH

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 10:17

It's a Coupé thing... Once you've been around here long enough you'll learn to love them smile

Don't make me post up the Sprint Blue LE with LE seats picture to really put you off wink

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 10:28

Lol I have a sprinty and I can picture it already hurl
Posted By: Nigel

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 10:34

Its quite local to me (15-20 minutes away) - happy to go and have a look if anyone is seriously interested

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 13:13

Originally Posted By: Carlscott
Am I the only one who thinks the red and black leather look terrible on all the LE's apart from the black ones rolleyes

Yes wink
No, there are a sizable number of people who are alLErgic to this variety of Coupe, your no alone wink

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 15:10

Steel grey LE with red and black leather looks great! Or maybe I'm just biased?

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 15:16

Love the grey LEs colour, even much more than my black
Posted By: Loui

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 16:34

Lol yes a little biased lol. Nearly as much as me red LE with the red leathers best combo hehe. tongue

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 20:51

I just think maybe they should have gone with something a little more subtle to suit the colour of each LE.

wouldn't stop me from buying one though
Posted By: Roadking

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 11/07/2014 22:14

Originally Posted By: Carlscott
Am I the only one who thinks the red and black leather look terrible on all the LE's

Not at all

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 09/08/2014 22:47

I went to view this car. Drivers side seat bolster refurbished & no vin plate, which is why no engine bay photos & no doubt the very cheap price.....is the vin number located elsewhere on the coupe? rear window?

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 10/08/2014 00:29

I think its etched into the glass on all windows. Unless it has been replaced confused Also on a stamp on the body shell somewhere? Can't remember exactly where right now! wink
It might have been removed for a slam panel refirb though and forgotten to put it back on?
Posted By: starvin2047

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 10/08/2014 07:32

I went up to buy this a few weeks ago. Wouldnt of bought it for £500. Drove hours to get there, needed only a few minutes to decide to forget it. It's a right pup. Avoid....... all that glitters isn't gold even with all that fresh paint.

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 22/08/2014 22:44

This caught my eye on ebay today and I was seriously considering the 2 hour drive to go and look at this as I have ALWAYS wanted a coupe and am now in a position to buy one. Glad I am a member (all be it a quiet one)of this great forum and didn't bother wasting my time after reading this thread. smile

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 23/08/2014 01:11

Originally Posted By: metalste

me too wink

click to enlarge

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 23/08/2014 06:25

Originally Posted By: starvin2047
I went up to buy this a few weeks ago. Wouldnt of bought it for £500. Drove hours to get there, needed only a few minutes to decide to forget it. It's a right pup. Avoid....... all that glitters isn't gold even with all that fresh paint.

Tell us why then

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 23/08/2014 13:31

Nice pic of the best coupe colour /interior combination love

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 23/08/2014 14:27

Chassis number is stamped on o/s front turret top on my car.
This car mentioned has a suspiciously aged type plate, I confess I thought the car to be a put together example.
Posted By: starvin2047

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 23/08/2014 20:23

To most people the car would seem ok.

I like an honest car. Checked the car out prior to the long drive and all checked out ok and clean.

Cars had a nice layer of paint from the off side rear quarter, right round to the the front bumper and bonnet and initionally looked good.
This cars had a good whack recently to rear quarter and possibly offside door but to be honest could work out exactly what.

Main issue is rear quarter and off side door. Door seems to line up ok on the shut lines although is very twisted in the aperture. Concerning part is the rear/ top window frame sits about 5mm above the roof and soon as you pick this up you soon see all is not well. Took me a while to spot this and i'm pretty sharp.

The interior is really, really shabby and unloved. The drivers seat bolster has been repaired which looks awful and would look far better original regardless of condition. Whole interior is really beat about and wouldn't clean up.

Guy knew i was popping up to view. Cars just randomly dumped outside someones house, none related to the chap selling. Guys trade and leaves cars where ever he can. Got there early and had to call him so was expecting to view a cool car but when we popped the bonnet it was screaming hot and i mean screaming.... ??? Engines had a few evident running issues, recent injector etc but then what coupes don't.

As with the interior the engine bay was as unloved. Car has loads of history but i had no interest in viewing as i take every car as i see it. All the receipts and paperwork don't really mean a thing. You can tell a loved and cared for motor and this ones been totally abused and tarted up mechanically and aesthetically

I've better cars on the drive I've paid £200 for and that says it all.

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 23/08/2014 21:35

Usually a twisted car shows in the roof, did that seem ok?
A badly fit door might leak but its not structural, although it sounds like this has had more than one whack.

Did you drive it??

Re: LE for sale on ebay any one here??? - 25/08/2014 20:54

Originally Posted By: Lego
Originally Posted By: metalste

me too wink

click to enlarge

+3! laugh thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK