Fiat Coupe Club UK

Chrono Grey - The thread

Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 01:43

I thought this, the rarest of Coupés deserved a thread of it's own. I've been the first to take the mickey in past of this 'unpainted' colour, however I assure you it's only tongue in cheek! The same goes for any colour really, I don't dislike any. I'm glad the car came in such vibrant, varied colous, Oh apart from that John Major Steel Grey (see, even my own car's colour isn't sacred laugh )
I've trawled the forum and came up with about ten pictures of Chrono Grey LE's, which simply isn't enough. Lets have more please! And lets hear from some Chrono Owners. How many do we think there are still in the UK? What's it like 'in the flesh'? I'll be honest, I've never seen one apart from on the forum blush Is it true that once you've seen one, you believe in Unicorns? crazy laugh
I'll start off with some great pictures courtesy of Chaser from this thread. It looks like he sold up in 2007.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

So come on, get yer pics out for the lads! (and Theresa) cool
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 01:59

I've always liked the Chrono's and think I've only ever seen one in real life (at a Blackpool meet, but can't remember his user name, sorry).

The colour looks even more stunning in real life, than any photo can show, especially at times like dusk cool

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 02:05

Originally Posted By: Theresa
looks even more stunning in real life

Just like you T love laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 02:11

Lol, you been drinking again Pinin? laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 02:23

click to enlarge

You must have self esteem issues T, a man gives you a compliment and you ask if theyre drunk. You're also a very good judge of character laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 02:30

Lol laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 06:24

I've seen one at Brooklands and it really does look like it's just primered and not painted. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it looks nice.

Maybe no one's got one BECAUSE it looks crap. Lol
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 06:29

Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn
click to enlarge

You must have self esteem issues T, a man gives you a compliment and you ask if theyre drunk. You're also a very good judge of character laugh

LMFAO!
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 07:35

I love Chrono Grey,I've only seen one in the metal and that was Che's LE (now owned by Fran) way back at my first SICD in Fife about 5 years ago. It's such an unusual colour it suits the Coupé perfectly,especially as the Coupé looks pretty much like nothing else on the roads it just adds to the wow factor IMHO.

Here's some rare pics of a Chrono LE with slashes painted red too. I can't remember if they were an optional extra at the time when we last discussed the Chrono.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Baz smile
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 08:49

I seem to recall someone saying there were just four Chrono LEs in the UK

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 09:06

i would give my left nut for a chrono...

there sex on wheels!!
Posted By: RusH

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 09:24

I too am a big fan of the colour. Here's some pictures i've collected over the years.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Ive even been eying up a couple of TT's that come in a similar colour....

click to enlarge

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 09:25

Originally Posted By: Baz76
Here's some rare pics of a Chrono LE with slashes painted red too. I can't remember if they were an optional extra at the time when we last discussed the Chrono.
Baz smile

This was done by the owner at the time - remember reading about it - seems to work on that colour!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 09:40

It's a nice colour, very rare - but still a shade of grey......so on that point for me it's a fail wink
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 09:48

Lovely colour. I'd have one in the garage right now if only LE001 had newer belts so I could have driven it to Belgium without fear of them snapping. See if I can get some pictures of it. I also have a magazine with TT vs Z3M vs Chrono LE, which was the first time I've seen the colour.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 10:18

Originally Posted By: proccy
It's a nice colour, very rare - but still a shade of grey......so on that point for me it's a fail wink

Whilst I may disagree with your Cantona choice, I'm with you on this one smile

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 10:33

looks even more stunning in real life

Just like you T love laugh

laugh laugh ,you silver tongued devil.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 10:58

Looks to me as though they had a bit of Porto and Silver left so they mixed them together. This is why they only had enough paint for four of them. Shame it never came out a bit more Porto. If I bought one this colour the wife would ask me when it was getting painted.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 11:15

I have a front bumper of a chrono grey LE that went under the scrappage scheme. The colour does nothing for me.

It may end up repainted yellow on my car.
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 12:08

To me it's seems like someone went down to B&Q purchased a tin of gray gloss paint, paint brush and spent the weekend painting. Just a personal option!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 12:18

Originally Posted By: petep
I have a front bumper of a chrono grey LE that went under the scrappage scheme.

cry shocked
Posted By: JKD

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 19:04

Here's a walk around video of the legendary LE 0001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GkWAkwP...mp;feature=plcp

And here's a video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c1gCV11E...mp;feature=plcp

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 19:52

Not a huge fan of the colour. Shame 0001 is now owned by a complete prat.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 21:44

Don't like the colour at all I'm afraid, the red slashes do it no favours either......

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 22:20

evo-number-one is the one seen at BrooKlands. T, didn't you see one here too? I'm sure it was in the front row next to mine in 2011, or was that 2010 confused
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 22:26

Pinin you joker.

Seen three different Chrono's. Didn't realise there was only possibly four in the UK!!

Paul who owns LE 0001 now?

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 10/01/2012 23:14

A Portugese street racer. Seeing the video's made me regret I didn't buy it. frown frown

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 00:09

Originally Posted By: Pondman
evo-number-one is the one seen at BrooKlands. T, didn't you see one here too? I'm sure it was in the front row next to mine in 2011, or was that 2010 confused

No, I can't remember seeing one at Brooklands in 2011 and I'm sure I'd have seen it if it was parked next to yours.

If it was there and next to yours, then my memory and sight is even worse than I thought shocked frown
Posted By: evo_number_one

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 01:02

Originally Posted By: Pondman

Was next to you 2010, but she's been present in the FCCUK area at Autoitalia Brooklands for the past 4 years.....

2008 click to enlarge 2009 click to enlarge 2010 click to enlarge 2011 click to enlarge

When I purchased my crono, opinion was that there were 6 in UK and Ireland. According to the communication I also had a few years ago with the chap who maintained the " LE-Liste " register, he believed there were originally less than 15 worldwide - and a few of those had since been written-off. None of the various market LE brochures that I have seen have any photos of coupes in that colour or any swatches on the available range.

Last identified UK count on the LE Register on this forum is 8 9 (although not all owners accounted for):

LE0083 Crono – owner unknown
LE0091 Crono – owner unknown
LE0091 Crono - LE Man (Ireland) - formerly owned by all-couped-up
LE0105 Crono - evo_number_one - 41k @Feb 2011 (S plate)
LE0106 Crono – Aames -115k @Feb 2011 (S plate)
LE0132 Crono – Che (T plate)
LE0148 Crono – owner unknown
LE0149 Crono – owner unknown
LE1150 Crono – chaser

A few photos of LE0105 that I have to hand...
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

...and one of my favourite crono related snaps....

click to enlarge
tongue

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 02:21

I must have seen yours then evo, especially as it was at the front.

I really don't remember frown Did I speak to you? In a way, I hope not, as I'll feel even worse if I can't remember that either frown

So, seems as though I've seen two Chrono's previously then, not just the one in Blackpool.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 08:20

...... I really don't remember frown Did I speak to you? In a way, I hope not, as I'll feel even worse if I can't remember that either.....

You certainly did laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 10:23

shocked

I'm sorry, I really don't remember cry I know I met quite a few new people that day and after the first hour or so, it became a bit of nightmare trying to remember who was who.

You have to be horrible to me and take the mick a lot, for me to be able to remember you.
Thats how I remember who proccy, porkypaul and Jbt are laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 10:52

See, I was *nice* to T and she has no idea who I am!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 10:59

Never mind, T, blame the Rohypnol tongue

Nice pics Mr. No.1! The colour is coming across as almost blue, like a sad iceberg, or an eskimo's scrotum! Would you agree?

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 11:27

The only one I've seen in the flesh was in Harrogate about six or seven years ago. There was a meet and a guy came over from Lancashire way. It smoked a bit and had a weird exhaust but looked good.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 11:29

Lol laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 11:32

There are the pics I got when I was discussing buying the LE001. Still regret I didn't do it, but the risk of breaking the 7-year old belts at that time was a bit too much.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 11:53

Nice pics Mr. No.1! The colour is coming across as almost blue, like a sad iceberg, or an eskimo's scrotum! Would you agree?

Not seen an eskimos scrotum, but there is a definite blue tinge to the chrono LE bumper I have at home. I wonder if an eskimo has cracked lips like the bumper?

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 12:06

I think Chrono Grey is probably rare for one simple reason...

hurl

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 12:12

The last time I saw one this colour was many years ago. It was when my first one was covered in primer ready for her respray after getting hit in a carpark and the front end was pushed through concrete posts by my wifes ex boss in his 4x4. Maybe if she was just laquered and not painted she would have looked the same.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 12:13

The colour is coming across as almost blue....

Colour is very reactive to light - at night under petrol station forecourt lights it looks nearer to RAF "Duck egg" blue.

like a sad iceberg....

only when it goes with the floe.... hmmmm - lettuce have a think about that one smile

........ or an eskimo's scrotum! Would you agree?

I'll admit there are a couple of small car park door dings, but not nearly enough ripples to compare her to that.... laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 12:14

Originally Posted By: AlanC
The last time I saw one this colour was many years ago. It was when my first one was covered in primer ready for her respray after getting hit in a carpark and the front end was pushed through concrete posts by my wifes ex boss in his 4x4. Maybe if she was just laquered and not painted she would have looked the same.

wobble

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 13:46

I must have seen yours then evo, especially as it was at the front.

I really don't remember frown Did I speak to you? In a way, I hope not, as I'll feel even worse if I can't remember that either frown

So, seems as though I've seen two Chrono's previously then, not just the one in Blackpool.

The colour obviously made a lasting impression on you, most memorable not!
Enough said! thumb

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 11/01/2012 19:02

As Evo knows I was desperate to get a Chrono when I returned to Coupe'ship a few years ago but gave up waiting after 15 months of looking and bought Motormechs own Steely .....typically the day after I put the deposit down a Chrono came up on Pistonheads! Still a couple of years on with the Steely and zero issues - Its a cracker......

Oh and the Abarth 500 is now in Chrono too!
click to enlarge

I saw an amazing Chrono in Dartmouth a few years ago reg. T20V LE but the fella pulled off on to the ferry just as I approached - never found the owner/number....

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 14/01/2012 05:34

I like it lots.

I think my second favourite could be silver with black leather having perved one like that at B&W Coldash years ago. To me it looked like a full size Monopoly piece car.

The gloss grey primer shade on the Punto Evo looks good to me even if the facelift moustache is hideous. They look a lot better from behind. It's a shame nobody thought about making the big black plastic tache match the slim black plastic lip on the rear bumper.

I think the TT shade is called Arrow Grey. I like the new Ice Blue on the BMW Mini too.
Posted By: LuisFilipe

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 15/01/2012 12:33

Kayjey the owner of the LE001 is Spanish grr not Portuguese tongue

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 15/01/2012 13:02

My mistake then, I was told it went to Portugal. Sorry for the insult. wink

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 15/01/2012 13:03

Originally Posted By: Kayjey
My mistake then, I was told it went to Portugal. Sorry for the insult. wink

I'd say it was a compliment laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:13

A few more piccies, this time of All-Couped-Ups crono* cool - sold to a chap in Ireland 3 or so years ago. Current owner out there?

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

*LE0092

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:26

Blimey Bob how does he get it in that garage!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:30

laugh
Posted By: All_Couped_Up

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:39

Re the garage - just noticed that the pic makes the garage look really small from that angle, can assure you it went in easily without scuffing the mirrors !

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:46

Jealous of that sunroof cool
Posted By: All_Couped_Up

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:47

...and it never leaked !

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 16/01/2012 22:57

I think this was the one from the Ad that I just missed out on buying a few years ago :

click to enlarge

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 17/01/2012 11:37

Yes I remember it at Brooklands through the year.

So where is LE 0001 and has it gone to a street racer? Links?

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 17/01/2012 12:16

Nick where have you been laugh
LE0001 was brought and shipped to Germany I believe

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 17/01/2012 13:55

Link as requested wink

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 17/01/2012 14:36

Originally Posted By: MarioCirillo
Nick where have you been laugh
LE0001 was brought and shipped to Germany I believe

That was years ago Mario. It came up for sale not too long ago and disappeared to Spain. That is what I am interested in.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 17/01/2012 14:43

Hmm it would be better if it was in a good home frown

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 17/01/2012 14:44

its still in spain...
its started a new life, it now has a red roof and partakes in bull fighting on a daily basis
Posted By: jasgol

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 29/01/2012 18:13

Saw this in a showroom, it actually gave me palpitations….
click to enlarge
Posted By: shaky20vt

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 18/06/2012 23:06

Hi I have owned my chrono grey (1009) since 2000 and I love the colour smile - If someone shows me how to upload pictures I will put them up on this thread - I suppose its a bit like marmite - you either love it or hate it.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 18/06/2012 23:10

Originally Posted By: shaky20vt
Hi I have owned my chrono grey (1009) since 2000 and I love the colour smile - If someone shows me how to upload pictures I will put them up on this thread - I suppose its a bit like marmite - you either love it or hate it.

You need a Photobucket/Tinypic or similar account to upload your pics onto. Then it'll generate a link [use the one with IMG in it], copy and paste into the little blue screen at the top of the reply post, 4th from the left in the panel.

When you're done you have to delete the 2 sets of IMGs in their brackets leaving yourself only with the imgpop bits.

Should work smile

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 21:00

Here you go. let me know what you think

I hope the links work

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 21:19

looks very nice shaky20vt thumb

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 21:45

thanks nismo for sorting out the links - I am glad you like the car too.
Also thank you edinburgh for the link advise.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 22:13

Wow, beautiful love

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 22:29

Shaky, that is for sure one lovely Coupe. I've only seen 2 in the flesh, and the colour is love

Tim
Posted By: 20vt_alex

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 22:44

Shaky, I've just noticed that you are from Berkshire, and was wondering if you live anywhere near datchet cos I remember driving past this car on the way back from work one day a few months back?

Lovely btw!!!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 23:03

very nice,liking that!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 23:12

20vt_alex yes I live in Datchet - Where abouts are you?

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 23:16

love What an unusual colour!

laugh

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 23:20

Lovely car. Spoiler isn't my cuppa, but otherwise love BBS style alloys suit the car and match the colour! thumb
Posted By: tierney

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 20/06/2012 23:28

one word...stunning
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 21/06/2012 07:04

Lovely coupe there shaky! Can I ask what wheels they are, and do they clear the brembos without needing spacers?
Posted By: 20vt_alex

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 21/06/2012 10:31

Shaky, I live down the road in langley! Nice to know that there is finally a fellow coop owner that is near me.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 21/06/2012 11:21

Don't like the spoiler but the rest is absolutely lovely! The wheels work very well with the grey.
Posted By: hoban81

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 21/06/2012 13:52

Looks very cool. But agree with Duffy dont like the spoiler.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 21/06/2012 19:48

Boosted7 I am not sure on the make of the wheels as I have had them for awhile now - but I used 5mm spacers to clear the front calipers.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 22/06/2012 02:06

Lovely - if it ever stops cloud9 raining I will bring my Crono to a show ! cool

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 26/06/2012 08:38

Lovely Coop Shaky....

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 02/10/2014 07:41

I realise this is an old thread, but whilst sorting out some stuff I came across a load of pictures and paperwork of my old Chrono LE, so thought it might be useful to add these here for reference.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

I have loads more, plus a big folder of paperwork that belongs with the car that should really have gone to Fran when he bought it, but was going through some tough personal stuff and moved from one end of the country to the other. Whoever now owns T802 VGB, if you want to get in touch I'll forward it all to you.

Also worth noting that at the time I had this, there was another Chrono floating around, I saw it at one of the Scottish Italian Car days, A20 VLE.
click to enlarge
Posted By: mattB

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 02/10/2014 07:48

Jeepers - a blast from the past!

MCMike owns it now.

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 02/10/2014 07:53

Originally Posted By: mattB
Jeepers - a blast from the past!

MCMike owns it now.

Indeed Matt, how's things?

I pinged Mike to offer to send him the paperwork, good to hear its still on the road.
Posted By: mattB

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 02/10/2014 17:39

At the risk of veering massively off the track of this original thread...

I'm fine thanks - you ever up this neck of the woods these days? If so be sure to let me know.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 02/10/2014 22:48

Have PM'd you Che...the Crono has just been MOT'd and is ready to rumble cool

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 03/10/2014 13:52

anyone know the colour code of this paint? i might actualy paint mine like this... a idea for the future.
Posted By: arm

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 03/10/2014 14:23

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-...imer-grey-500ml

(Someone had to)

Or just remove the topcoat on what you already got.

:-)

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 03/10/2014 14:28

This joke is wearing thin.

Thin? It's almost down to the primer!

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 07/10/2014 10:03

Still would like to know the actual paint code for this colour, no joke
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Chrono Grey - The thread - 07/10/2014 10:50

Originally Posted By: VDVT
Still would like to know the actual paint code for this colour, no joke