Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anybody get fed up with there coupe?

Posted By: Burbum123

Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 21:41

Does anybody get fed up with there coupe ? I spent so much time and money repairing it, with new engine MOT work ect and 2 weeks ago now i had another problem a massive oil leak i found the source the sump to turbo oil pipe had split , i parked her up in the garage 2 weeks ago now and havn't been near her i never thought i would say this but i have lost interest with it at present shocked
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 21:42

I feel your pain mate.

I seem to find one issue and sort it and another pops up to annoy me.

Ross

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 21:44

Originally Posted By: Burbum123
Does anybody get fed up with there coupe ?

Just once or twice laugh

Even this week with work done by JBT and the 2 tyres i need i'm shoving £500 out - i really can't afford it right now but have no choice, tyres have to be good! rolleyes

On that note, tyres are now massively expensive. I was quoted £121 exc vat for falken 452's, £110 exc vat for Kumho's and £106.50 exc vat for Toyo t1r's..... frown
Posted By: Taffy20vt

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 22:00

I haven't touched mine for nearly 6 months laugh
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 22:14

come on taffy bring the blue beast over to joes this weekend havent seen yours in a long time.
Posted By: bilbo

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 22:32

That is for two tyres I hope Proccy?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 22:44

Not driven mine for 6 months. Missing it like hell. Hopefully it will live again this weekend, thanks to friends here smile
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 01/12/2011 22:59

On a car that's 12-17 years old, you can expect some maintenance to be done. Pipes that are splitting is something you can prevent. Replace them before it happens. It's like a baby - do you give it food before it starts crying or do you wait for it to start crying and then give it food?
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 00:09

I wait for it to start crying first and then it waits even longer for food - you have to teach them who's boss laugh

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 08:08

Originally Posted By: Theresa
I wait for it to start crying first and then it waits even longer for food - you have to teach them who's boss laugh

Lol. Ice Maiden!!! laugh

Watch the rope attached to your swinging brick doesn't snap. laugh

Ross
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 12:58

Bockers, I thought you sold your 20VT? Or is this the one which was sat in your garden? Eitherway good luck getting it back on the road smile

As for getting fed up with it, occassionally yes. as others have said you fix some problems and then a little niggle comes out of the woodwork. It's a never ending battle. I don't hink I'll be 100% happy until I've completely rebuilt the bugger. The problem is that by then the things I replaced first will need replacing again laugh
Posted By: daithi28

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 13:48

I've driven mine 3 times in about 4 months. My wife was the last person to drive it, yesterday, when she moved it a few ft to the right, to make way for a delivery of tiles.

The only reason I tend to drive it these days is to charge the battery and blow the dust off it.
Posted By: gj88

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 14:18

Daily.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 14:50

I keep justifying to myself...I don't go to the pub these days & I don't smoke, so I have to spend the money on something, but I have to admit, I'm feeling it harder to talk myself into this, especially at the oncoming weather. The Coop will be under its cover. snowman

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 15:10

Originally Posted By: Kayjey
It's like a baby - do you give it food before it starts crying or do you wait for it to start crying and then give it food?

You can't hear it crying if it's locked in the garage.
Posted By: OO7

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 15:23

I'm not fed up with my coupe but I will hold my hands up and say that I board of it. It's been nothing but reliable and it's fast, looks great and well looked after but I think I've just come to the end of the line with it. I used to keep a car for 9 months tops before the coupe and I've now owned her for over 6 years and I think that's got something to do with it. I know if I sell her though I'll regret it sooner or later.
Posted By: Robin_Banks

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 15:38

Originally Posted By: proccy

Just once or twice laugh

Even this week with work done by JBT and the 2 tyres i need i'm shoving £500 out - i really can't afford it right now but have no choice, tyres have to be good! rolleyes

On that note, tyres are now massively expensive. I was quoted £121 exc vat for falken 452's, £110 exc vat for Kumho's and £106.50 exc vat for Toyo t1r's..... frown

That makes me feel much better after paying £120 each all in, fitted and balanced at the weekend for two Toyo T1Rs laugh
Posted By: Robin_Banks

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 15:39

...and yes, I have lost love...but it's coming back to me...
Posted By: skinflint

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 16:56

Does anybody get fed up with their coupe ?

I don't... but maybe the 5 long years without it cry helped me to see things in perspective.
Posted By: MattyB

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 17:35

I'm a bit fed up with mine as it needs some work doing to it all of a sudden now but as this is my last month of driving it i'm trying to enjoy. Soon i'll be driving once a month may be less and i know i'll really enjoy it then which is what i'm mostly looking forward too! laugh
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 18:19

all the time, That's why I have had 6 of them
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 18:53

No, I love my Coupe more every day cool
Posted By: Mrzly_slo

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 19:20

Does anybody get fed up with there coupe ? I spent so much time and money repairing it, with new engine MOT work ect and 2 weeks ago now i had another problem a massive oil leak i found the source the sump to turbo oil pipe had split , i parked her up in the garage 2 weeks ago now and havn't been near her i never thought i would say this but i have lost interest with it at present shocked

Have you ever hear of an expresion why mostly car enthusiasts love Italian cars?

Because you have to love them if you want it to work laugh

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 02/12/2011 20:34

Alas I got bored with my Coupe after 9 happy Years. Now just the picture on the hearth and Forum to remind me of the good times. Still look in the Classifides regularly but then I remenber the pain in the wallet and take the Z out for a drive.
Posted By: Burbum123

Re: Anybody get fed up with there coupe? - 11/12/2011 15:35

Well i finally pulled my finger out this morning having had her parked in the garage for 4 weeks and opening it up for the first time i smiled to myself and i even got the oil leak sorted it was a pig to do though now im back on the road smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK